I'll do my best

Mal's POV

Parentheses means text message. Italic bold means thought.

$$$$$$$$$$$

( No more)

I've been staring at the words on my screen for at least 10 minutes. She doesn't want me anymore, she's done.

No. She can't do done, because I'm not done.

I had just saw her two days ago. She was more than happy to have a good time. There has to be someone else.

It can't be that count David. So who, who is trying to take her away from me?

My mind starts to play back memories of when I first met her.

Five years ago

I walked up the steps to the large house, and took a deep breath.

" Alright Mal, all you have to do is make it through one night with these people. Then you can go home."

I ring the doorbell and plaster on a fake smile. Giving myself another pep talk.

"Just smile and introduce yourself, just like you practiced."

I've always had anxiety when it came to meeting new people. Especially people I can't get rid of, and David's new fiance was definitely someone who's here to stay.

Just as I'm about to ring the bell again, the door opens. My eyes lock with stunning brown ones, like pools of honey. I look her up and down drinking in her figure, my pants tighten and swell.

She clears her throat.

"Hello you must be Mal"

She smiles a 100 wats smile and steps aside, letting me in. My feet move on their own as I step inside the house and take her by the hand.

" Yes, and to must be Regina. I've heard a lot about you."

She blushes and smiles even wider.

" David's been talking about me?"

It almost breaks my heart how in love she looks. I hope in my soul that David has already called off that stupid agreement, I never wanna see her in pain.

4 years ago

I woke up to the sound my doorbell. Rolling over I check the time, 3:30.

"Who the fuck?"

I live in Nor Cal and it was the rainy season. Everyone new not to be out during a storm like this, so I knew emediatly it was a real emergency.

I get out of bed and throw on a robe, walking downstairs.

" Alright I'm coming."

I say as they ring the doorbell again.

I open the door, and I was not in any way prepared for what I saw.

Regina was standing there, tears streaming down her face. Her clothes were soaked and her hair was sticking to her cheeks.

"M- Mal" she croaked and I was sure that I could set the world on fire to find out who did this to her.

I take off my robe and wrap her in it, letting her inside. She takes off her shoes and turns to look at me as I close the door.

"Mal he cheated on me" she sobs and throws her arms around me.

My stomach sinks with pity as I realize he never stopped.

" How do you know?" I ask carefully.

She puts her face into my chest and speaks slowly.

" I found the messages on his phone. The go back to before we met, and even  on the night we got married." She cries harder.

My blood boils.

"That  fucking coward, I'll kill him myself. He doesn't even know how lucky he is." I hold Regina tighter in my arms.

" I'm sorry baby" I coo. It's a stupid thing to say, but it's all I got.

She lets go of me and looks up at me.

"Mal? Please make the pain go away."

I scoop her up in my arms and carry her to the couch.

" I'll do my best"