Monsters in my head (Kyotani x Male Reader)

I'm genuinely only writing this because I've been having problems with mental health. Also. I made a Monster Energy Gun except not with Monster cans. I used AriZona tea cans instead :)
Tw: minor mentions of s3lf h@rm in the song. Stay safe, my dudes
~♒~
    Kyotani sighed as he walked out of his apartment. He was taking a walk. The air was musty and clouds covered the sky.
    ‘A storm’s brewing’ he thought to himself.
    Kyotani shrugged on his jacket as he started his walk. No sooner than he did, he heard something. A melody played through the apartment complex. He wandered, listening as this mysterious music grew closer. As he drew near, he heard the lyrics flow through his ear drums.
    “I wish that I could never know how long you’ll stay before you go. How long my papercuts will sting, how long will you make me sing?”
    The lyrics were eerily calm. Kyotani sighed as he moved along. He couldn’t really tell what gender the voice came from, but that didn’t stop his curiosity.
    “I’m tired of breathing empty air. I’ll choke myself, ‘cause that seems fair. Everything that hurts me, I deserve it.”
    The instrument used was an acoustic guitar. Kyotani was almost to the voice. The only problem was that he couldn’t tell which floor the person was on. He wandered around the ground floor before heading up the outside staircase.
    “Blood is pouring on the floor. I love it and I want some more, but I don’t think that I have enough bandaids.”
    When Kyotani was upstairs, he realized that the sound drew farther, so he wandered back down. He sighed softly and walked towards the back entrance.
    That’s when he saw him. A lone boy with (h/c) hair leaning against the back fence. That was the source of the haunting melody. He made his way over to the other, trying to do so quietly as to hear more of the song.
    “I wanna see all of my bones, but I cannot stand what I don’t know. About to bleed out badly, give me bandaids.”
    He hadn’t heard the waver in the boy’s voice until he got up close. The boy was crying. Said male, looked up when he heard Kyotani approaching. He quickly wiped his eyes and stopped playing.
    “Sorry. I didn’t mean to annoy you. I.. Just wanted to sing..” the boy said, sniffling very lightly.
    “What’s your name?” Kyotani asked.
    “What?”
    “You sounded amazing. What’s your name? What song is that?”
    Kyotani sat next to the boy, the morning dew transferring onto his clothes. The boy looked surprised before looking away.
    “My name’s (Y/n) (L/n). That song is called bandaids. It's by a creator named Bowie Bugs..” he replied.
    Kyotani nodded before remembering how (Y/n) was crying before he walked up.
    “Why were you crying, (Y/n)?”
    (Y/n) didn’t answer. He averted his eyes and shook his head.
    “You don’t need to tell me. I just wanted to ask.” Kyotani said.
    “(Y/n!)”
    Both males turned their heads to the source of the sound. A tall female with (h/c) hair was smiling and waving him over.
    “Thats my mom. I’ll see you later…?” (Y/n) said, standing up.
    “Kyotani. Kentaro Kyotani” The faux blonde replied.
    (Y/n) nodded before taking his guitar and walking off.

    The two males continued to meet up at the same spot for the next few months. Everyday it would always start up with (Y/n) singing and Kyotani being drawn to it. They soon became really close. It’d gotten to the point that Kyotani may have started to think of (Y/n) as more than a friend. A soft sigh left his mouth when he realized this.
    “Hey Kyo. Sorry I’m late. I had to finish a few things” (Y/n) said as he walked up to the other.
    Kyotani smiled in response and dismissed it with a wave of his hand. (Y/n) sat down as the two started talking.
    “No guitar?”
    “No. I decided to leave it at home today since I don’t usually come out here to chill.”
    Kyotani nodded and looked up towards the sky. He jumped out of fright when he felt a weight against him.
    “Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” (Y/n) smiled.
    The (h/c) male was leaning against Kyotani. A smile spread across both of the faces as they looked towards the sky. It was mostly quiet. That wasn’t an uncommon occurrence. A lot of times after they got to know each other, they would just sit together in silence. But this time the silence was broken by (Y/n).
    “Hey, Kyo?”
    “Yeah?” the faux blonde replied.
    “Do you remember the day we met? How I was crying and singing that song?”
    Kyotani nodded, wondering where this was going.
    “Do you wanna know why I was crying?” (Y/n) asked.
    “Only if you want to tell me. I don’t mind either way.” Kyotani said with a reassuring smile.
    (Y/n) nodded before taking a deep breath.
    “I haven’t told this to anyone, but the reason I was crying..” he paused.
    ‘Would Kyo hate me? Why would he hate me? But would he?’ the (h/c) male thought to himself.
    “The reason I was crying was because I wasn’t having the best day. Things kept going wrong for me, and I was fed up. So I grabbed my guitar, wandered outside and just… started playing.”
    (Y/n) spoke in a quiet tone, but Kyotani could still hear him speak. He heard the words spill from the (h/c) male’s mouth. When he was finished speaking, Kyotani intertwined his hands with the other.
    “Well. I’m always here if you need to speak to someone. You’re a good guy and you are fun. I like you, (Y/n). You make me smile,” Kyotani said warmly.
    (Y/n) let out a small chuckle and smiled.
    “I’m glad. If you ever left, i’d have to clock you one.” (Y/n) said, making the both of them laugh.
    “Don’t worry. I’m staying here. I promise..”
~♒~
Finally finished with Kyōtani. I would have been done earlier, but I went through major writers and artist block. I hated it. I was really only able to write this one because I was fed up with how I looked and wanted to imagine one of my comfort characters helping me. Soo. Yeah. :))

Up next: Kuroo x Male Reader