X. CONFLUENCE & CONFLAGRATION

EPISODE 10: FURY
X. CONFLUENCE AND CONFLAGRATION

 CONFLUENCE AND CONFLAGRATION

"HE WANTS THE BESTIARY." Uncle Chris asks, reading off the phone in Alison's hand, as I load my gun.

When I got home yesterday, I got the news about Aunt Victoria. She's dead. I remember, my Mother used to leave me with Uncle Chris, Aunt Victoria, and Alison. She was always like a Mother to me, more than Kate could ever be. She used to take care of me like I was her own daughter. Now, I find out Derek Hale killed her.

If I had resisted Gerard's orders before, I wouldn't now. Because, now, they went after my family, and no one hurts my family.

"That's not from Scott." Alison tell us, passing the phone to Uncle Chris. "He wouldn't have texted me. And he definitely wouldn't have mentioned Derek."

I pull out my own phone, from under the table, looking at the latest texts. They were from Stiles, asking me what he did wrong. But the thing is, he hadn't texted me since yesterday. Guess, he finally took my advice. That makes my heart clench a bit.

But, it's all for the best. The less emotional connections I have from Scott and Derek's pack, the easier it will be to kill them.

"The sheriff's station?" Gerard asks.

"If Derek's really there, I doubt it's willingly." I tell them.

"You think Jackson's there, too?" Alison asks.

"Maybe." I tell her.

"Maybe him and the one controlling him." Uncle Chris adds.

"How many do they keep on in a night shift?" Gerard asks.

"Since budget cuts, maybe four at the most." I answer.

"My guess would be they're either dead or paralyzed by now." Uncle Chris adds.

"This might just be the confluence of events we've been hoping for." Gerard tells us, a venomous small smirk on his face.

"Confluence or conflagration?" Uncle Chris asks, accusingly.

"I'm open to both." Gerard replies, happily.

"What do we do now?" Alison tells us.

"Maybe you should tell us." Gerard replies. "That authority falls to you and Alex now."

"Not at their age." Uncle Chris tells him, protectively.

"They're almost 18." Gerard replies. "They know there's a difference between revenge and retribution. Don't you, girls?"

"I don't care for giving orders." I tell him, not in the mood for his mind games, as I turn to Alison. "You can lead."

"Make the decision from a vantage point of strategy over emotion, and we'll follow your lead." Gerard tells Alison, almost smirking, as though he expected me to give up control.