XIII. RISK & REWARD

EPISODE 2: CHAOS RISING
XIII. RISK AND REWARD

 RISK AND REWARD

"I DON'T KNOW." LYDIA tells us, outlining the mark on her hand. "It doesn't look like much to me."

"It's a pattern." Allison speaks up from the drivers seat. "It means something."

"So, let me get this straight." I say, from the backseat. "Some random women came up to you, she knew who your were, she wanted to find Scott, so she asked you where he was. But you didn't know where he was, so she grabbed your wrists, making this weird symmetric pattern appear on your hand." I tell them. "Am I getting this right?"

"Pretty much." Allison tells me.

"Do you hear how that sounds?" I ask her in disbelief, and she gives me a look through the rear view mirror. "Just asking."

"You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" Lydia asks Allison.

"No, but he might know someone who does." Allison replies.

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Lydia questions.

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott." Allison replies. "It's like she needed to find him. Like she had to. And that means something."

"Do you even know where he is?" I ask her.

"I don't." She replies. "He didn't pick up my call."

"Let me try." I tell her pulling out my phone.

"Why would he pick up your call and not mine?" Allison asks me.

"Because I'm not the one who tore out his heart and stepped on it." I reply, as I put the phone to my ear.

"This is ridiculous." Allison mutters. "He's not gonna pick up-"

"Hey, Alex." I hear the voice from the phone.

"Scott, so glad you picked up." I say, cutting Allison off, and smirking at her from the rear view mirror.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Where are you?" I ask him.

"Stiles made me come to this party." He replies.

"You and Stiles at a party?" I ask, laughing. "Wow, never thought that would ever happen. I mean, who would even invite you?"

"Did you just call me to insult me?" He asks. "Or do you need something?"

"I need to talk to you." I tell him. "I need to know the address of this party."

"Yeah, it's-" He cuts himself off. "Oh, my God." He breaths out.

"What?" I ask concerned. "What happened?"