Chapter 5: The Parents

Day 5

Day 5

I puffed my cheeks out as I stared at the television in front of me.

"The first born son of the Han family is said to get married to the Huang family's only daughter to merge the companies." The news reporter on screen said with a stoic expression.

So this is what I'm getting myself into?

I am going to act as Jisung's fake girlfriend just to call off an engagement that has already been announced to the public?

I'm not sure it's gonna work out.

"Kim Y/n! I've called you many times already but you weren't answering!" My mother suddenly stood beside me and grabbed my ear.

My first reaction would be to wince and whine in pain, but I did not. I did not feel any sort of pain when she used my ear to drag me up from the sofa.

She released her hand from my ear. "Now, Jisung is outside waiting for you. You can't keep a man waiting!"

"I know, mother. Quit nagging, please." I said, walking towards the door.

"Have fun!" Was the last thing she shouted before I closed the front door.

Jisung was leaning on the car, kicking a small stone with his polished black shoe. He was wearing a formal suit with a black tie, it made him look very professional. Which was very far from what he was. And whatever he was wearing made me feel very underdressed.

I scoffed jokingly as it looked like he was trying so hard to remain cool, but the way he was playing with the stone said otherwise.

Walking towards him, he noticed my presence and looked up from the ground. He smiled once he and I made eye contact, and stood upright in front of the car.

"You look decent." He commented.

"I am this" —I used my thumb and index finger to emphasize my point by... from what it looked like pinching the air— "close to landing my fist on that pretty face of yours."

He rolled his eyes and opened the car door. "You first, milady."

"That sounded weird coming from you, never use it on me again." I remarked and hopped in the car.

"Makes it buyable." He said following me in the car. Closing the car door, "Back home." The puffy-cheeked boy told the driver and he followed, leaving my house.

"I still don't see why I need to do this." I crossed my arms. "You can just see how the dinner goes and maybe you'll like the girl."

Jisung faced me with a 'pity me' look. "I don't want to get engaged to someone at a very young age, especially to a stranger. She might not even want this as well, you know?"

I scoffed. "The Huang family? Their only daughter is the sister of Renjun, Ria. Last I checked, she has a big crush on you."

"How'd you know it was the Huang Family? And we've never even met yet." Jisung said with a little raise of voice.