Chapter 4: Mall Trip

Day 4

Day 4

"Finally," I said as I entered the mall, the coolness of the mall's air conditioner hitting my skin. After yesterday's failure of getting my phone to the experts for repair, I finally was able to reach the mall. Though I have only been to this once, and the fact that I don't memorize the whereabouts of each and every store makes it harder for me to find the phone store.

The mall was big, very big, it will probably take me two hours straight with no stopping to get me around the whole mall, stores occupying most of the space. It was filled with very expensive shops, the things I wouldn't even think of buying, the impression of sophistication on me, and I didn't exactly dress appropriately for this kind of environment.

I approached the digital machine where you can search for places that were placed in front of the entrance, not too near the doorway though, it was a big mall. Pressing one of the buttons on the technology in front of me, it sent me to the search bar where I tried to look for the phone store. I started typing on the screen when I felt someone behind me, probably lining up to use the machine. Not being bothered by the life behind me, I kept typing. It showed me the direction of the phone store and I exited the search platform and was going to move away so the person behind me could use the machine. But before I could move, a hand landed on my shoulder which stopped me from moving away.

"Excuse me," the person behind me started, "do I know you?"

Recognizing the voice, I turned around to meet the eyes of the taller human, but his hair was longer than the last I saw him. "Hyunjin?" I asked the guy in front of me, and he flashed me a soft smile.

"I didn't know you came to this mall." He said. "It's my first time seeing you here."

"And it's my first time seeing you with long hair," I replied.

Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows, his confusion obvious. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I always had long hair."

What? "No, you didn't. What are you talking about? A few days ago your hair didn't reach your neck or ears." I told him, trying to convince him. It was working since his eyes quickly filled with confusion. I pushed it aside, shrugging my shoulders, as I muttered a small. "Never mind."

"What are you doing here?" Hyunjin asked, "You never go to this mall."

I took my phone from my front pocket of my pants and held it up to his face. "I'm going to get my phone repaired."

"The phone store is really far from here, it's in the other building."

I stuffed the phone back in my pocket. "I know."