Chapter 3: Work Out? No Thanks.

Day 3

Day 3

Walking in the rain wasn't exactly what I thought I would be doing at one in the afternoon. I decided to wake up early so I can travel earlier, but no, that did not happen, turns out my body was too worn out and I slept in. Instead I woke up at noon and was in a hurry to head to the phone store.

Why am I walking in the rain though? Firstly, I did not check the weather for today, and did not bother to bring an umbrella. Secondly, all the buses are not available for today because of a bus strike that I did not know about. Lastly, I'm too far away from home to walk back and fetch an umbrella, and taking a taxi is using up too much money. So here I am, walking in the rain, the hood of my hoodie above my head, making my way to the mall since the phone store is there.

Suddenly, I felt a weight on my shoulder, stopping me from walking farther. I look behind me, pulling my fists up until it reaches the level of my chin, to defend myself in case it was some sort of bad person. The guy behind me was wearing a black cap, black shirt, black pants, black shoes and a black mask.

Is this guy some sort of goth?

The guy's hand did not leave my shoulders and I was ready to throw a punch, but then the guy spoke. "Y/n?"

"Who are you?" I ask the sketchy guy, not putting down my hands yet. The guy pulls down his mask and my eyes widen, putting down my fists. "Changbin?"

"Why were you so ready to punch me? Did you really think a thief or a thirsty man would come up to you?" He laughs and puts his umbrella over my head.

I cross my arms, "I don't know if I should be glad or insulted."

Changbin then asks me, "why are you walking out here in the rain, without an umbrella?"

"I was on my way to the phone store to get my phone repaired," I told him.

Changbin looks at me weirdly, "the mall is like twenty minutes away from here by feet."

"And?"

"You should take a cab, it can save time," Changbin says looking around for a passing cab, "and your legs."

I roll my eyes at his words, "these legs can take long walks, unlike yours."

"Come on, don't be stubborn." Changbin says, "you don't even have an umbrella."

"Well, I don't have enough money to take a cab, and getting sick is the least of my concerns."

Changbin pulls out his wallet and pulls out a few bills, "here. Money is the least of my concerns."

I scoff at the paper bills he has in his hands and I push it back to him, "over my dead body am I accepting that."

He purses his lips, frustrated with my words, "what are you going to do now?"