Chapter 2: Lee Doesn't Know

Day 2

Day 2

I opened my eyes once I regained consciousness. I sit up on my bed and stretch, my hands in their air as I stretch to my limits, and goodness, it felt so good.

I look out the window to check if there are any cars, and to my dismay, there aren't any. Since when did this place become car free?

I closed my eyes, hoping I was just dreaming for a really long time, and will wake up to everything as it used to be. Closing my eyes for a while, I started to drift back to sleep. Yesterday was a long day, a little more sleep wouldn't hurt, I told myself, but then the door suddenly opens, hitting the wall with a loud thud.

"Y/n-ah!" My eyes shoot open and I fall off my bed to see a brown-haired boy come running through the door, wearing a pink sweater.

Rubbing my eyes, I look at the boy who went in my room without permission. "Minho?"

"Hurry up, we need to go to the Cat Cafe now! I need to get myself some cat love." He says kneeling beside me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Yah! I almost got a heart attack!" I yelled at the boy who barged in my room. "You can't just enter people's rooms like that, privacy is actually an existing thing!"

"Y/n, stop shouting!" My mom yells from downstairs, "I'm going deaf if you continue doing that!" Is my mother bipolar? She was all sweet and caring yesterday, and now she's nagging at me.

I roll my eyes at my mother and look at the boy in my room, "what cat cafe?"

He sits on my bed and speaks, "actually I never told you beforehand."

"What about your three other cats?" I ask and he just shrugs.

"My mother brought them to their house because they said they want me home."

I groan a little, getting up from the floor. "My mom let you in just like that?" I ask him and he nods happily.

"Wow, nothing makes sense anymore." I mumble, talking to myself.

"What did you say?" He asks innocently.

I look at him, "nothing."

"Well, I really want to go to the cafe! Hurry and change!" Minho says excitedly.

"If you go out, maybe I will hurry and change." I tell him, closing my eyes and crossing my arms on my chest.

"See you in the living room then!"

He leaves the room and I start getting ready, moving my feet to the bathroom to do my usual morning routine. I wonder again why my mother let Minho in, and how she knows him.

After I finish getting ready, I check my phone, which was untouched for the whole day since I wasn't able to take it with me yesterday. When I power on the phone, the pixels of my wallpaper are everywhere on the phone screen, distorted. I shrug it off as a glitch in the system before powering the phone off and leaving it on the bedside table.