The Future Comes Back to Haunt You

Obito, Rin, Minato, Kushina, Fugaku, Hiruzen, Tsunade, and Jiraiya were in a battle, but not really.

Everything that touched them went through them. 

(Real dialogue from the anime - not mine

Only Obito's death though, not the others)

Obito, Rin, and Kakashi were fighting an enemy ninja when he used a jutsu. The ceiling started to shake and Kakashi was injured from saving Obito earlier that day.

Rin ran, expecting the others to do the same, but Kakashi wasn't going to make it. Obito realized this and threw Kakashi out of the way before the rock came down on top of him.

Half of his body was crushed from the boulder, but he was still breathing.

"I don't think... I can make it." Obito said, his time running out. 

"Dammit!" Kakashi cursed in sadness. He had just realized that Obito was right about friends and showing emotion, and now Kakashi was about to lose him.

"Obito...!" RIn shouted.

Kakashi lunched the ground. "Dammit!" He punched the ground again. He couldn't save Obito. "Dammit!! If... if only I would have listened to you, this would have happened!" He let his tears run down his cheeks for their first time in a while. On his knees sitting next to Obito he says, "So what if I'm a captain?! So what if I made Jonin?!"

"I was the only one who... didn't give you a gift... for becoming jonin, Kakashi," Obito says with the small amount of time that he has left. "I was... wondering what to give you... Don't worry... it's not some useless, extra baggage... I'm giving you... my Sharingan." Kakashi's eyes widen.

Kakashi watched from the shadows, remembering how he lost his left eye all of those years ago.

Obito watched the scene in disbelief that Kakashi had just risked his life, and even lost his eye, just to protect him. He was even more surprised at what he did to return the favor.

He had cried...

Kakashi had actually cried for him when he died.

Rin was in tears.

Minato was confused. Was this the future? Was Kakashi from the future?

Fugaku didn't know why he was there.

Inoichi was silent because he honestly had no idea what was going on.

Kushina looked at Obito and Rin in pity.

The scene in front of them changed to one of a battlefield. Rin and Kakashi looked older now.

There were over ten ninjas with Kirigakure Hitais on and Obito was running towards the scene. They had killed all of the enemies but one. Kakashi charged up his Chidori and went to impale the ninja.

Rin jumped in front of the ninja before it could hit him and threw a kunai in his neck.

She coughed up blood and said one word.

The word that would haunt Kakashi for years to come.

"Ka..ka..shi..."

He pulled his arm out of her stomach as she fell over, dead.

Everyone could only watch in sadness as they watched Rin die and Obito seeing it happen from when Kakashi impaled her to when she died.

"Wha...?" Obito asked, still hung up over his 'death'.