Derek

We pull up to Elle's apartment and I physically wince at the state of it, now I admire her independence and initiative into buying her own apartment for the first time, but this... this place was not fit for someone as lovely as her.

She smiles over at me as we leave the car, slamming the doors. There are two prospects behind us, and Viper on his bike scanning for trouble. Vidar ended the lockdown a day ago after making some trade deal with the Wolves, but I wasn't risking Elle's life, especially not for the word of an untrustworthy worm like their leader.

Gripping her hand, we walk over the road and towards the door to the apartment block. She reaches into her pocket and grabs her keys. I notice, as she put the key up to the lock, that her hands are shaking like a leaf, trembling and stuttering. I squeeze her hand and rub my thumb over her knuckles. She finally gets the key in the lock and opens the door, before she leads me up the stairs, I pull her hand up to my lips and gently kiss it.

She giggles and blushes at my actions. I love the affect I have on her.

I ordered the prospects to change the locks on her door, and enforce the windows with alarms, she's a treasure I must protect. If I had any say in the matter, she would never come back to a hovel like this. But I respect and understand why she needs this space, her own space where she isn't controlled by the words of a man.

We enter her apartment and instantly her face is pressed into my chest, hiding her eyes from the scene in front of us. The chair she was tied to is still on its side, her blood splattered on the carpet. I feel sick at the sight of it. Not a drop of her blood should be left anywhere. I gently lead her into her bedroom and sit her on the bed.

"I'll clear that all up baby. You pack what you need, ok?"

She nods gratefully and I press a light kiss to her forehead. I leave her to whatever she needs to find and start to sort out the mess in the main room. I do my best to get the blood out of the pale carpet, I had a lot of practice in the past. By the time her door opens again, the place looks as ordinary as it ever would. I knew the memories would bother Elle more than a faint blood splatter.

As soon as I look up, I take in her smouldering form. Her long, curvy legs, those drool worthy wide hips with the slight dip at the sides. The rest of her is still hidden in my hoody, I presume she just put a bra on and put it back on. That pleased me no end, until I officially claim her for the world to see, this will do.

Guilty I chuckle, knowing I was definitely gawking at her body and she could probably see it.

"Sorry baby, didn't mean to stare." I rise from the floor and throw the damp cloth into the sink.

Elle doesn't react or reply. She merely looks down at the ground and shifted her weight from foot to foot. Something's wrong.

"Elle, baby?" I walk towards her and hold my arms out for her, she cuddles into me after only and second of hesitation, I am so relieved. I was worried it was my fault that she was sad.

"What's wrong?" I question again as I gently rub up and down her arms.

With a deep sigh, she huffs into my chest and whimpers lightly. "Just bought back some memories, you know."

I nod before twisting her head up to look at mine, our eyes meet and I scan to see just how upset she is. "I do know baby, it will get better."

"Wait?" Her doe eyes return to mine with confusion swimming in them. "How do you know that Der?"

My finger lightly strokes her cheek. "Another time baby, yeah."

I can tell that's not the answer she wants, but she doesn't push it.

"Shall we go then?" I desperately want to get her out of this horrid place and I'm sure she does too.

Instead of letting her walk out of the place, I bend down and throw the bag she bought with her over my shoulder, before picking her up as well. She giggles and exclaims my name as I lightly slap that gorgeous ass of hers.

"Der. What are you doing?" She squeals and kicks her legs in playful delight. I've managed to take her mind off whatever was upsetting her which is something.

"I'm taking you back home baby." I reply nonchalantly as I walk from the apartment, kicking the door shut behind me.

I'm surprised by how little she has packed as I place her back in the passenger seat.

"Didn't you want more baby?" I question as I throw the bag in the back.

"No, these were the only clothes I chose myself or bought after I escaped."

I nod, understanding her logic, like the apartment, many of her possessions carry painful memories. I just wish I could erase them for her.

"How about, we go shopping in the next few day? Hmm, you could choose your own clothes."

"Really?" Her eyes are wide as she looks over at me, excitement evident in her face.

"Sure baby." I reply before leaning over and kissing her hand lightly. "Anything for you."