Elle

I thought my lovely readers deserved a long chapter after all the comments on this story so here you go xx

Derek and I sit in his bed, him behind me, his arms tightly holding my body back against his chest. Leaning back, he rests his chin on my head and presses light kisses to me. They almost send shivers through me at how good it feels to be back with Derek.

"Did he hurt you Elle? The doctor is coming to dress your wrist but... did he... do anything else."

I swallow hard, knowing what he is insinuating. "No he didn't touch me, not like that at least." Turning my neck, I look up into his eyes so he can read my face, "he said I was too fat for him to touch. I disgusted him." Derek goes to speak and negate everything I had been told but I press a finger to his parted lips before he can. "I know they were lies, but I'm glad he thought them."

We both laugh slightly at that, I think more out of relief than genuine amusement. "I did hit my head this morning and knocked myself out, so maybe doc should check that."

Derek kisses my cheek and nods. "Yes we'll definitely tell him that, I don't want anything else to happen to you... ever again." I smile and snuggle deeper into his chest again, stroking his hand as it holds onto my arm.

There's a knock at the door and Derek calls to come in, Doc appears in the door with a relieved smile on his face at the sight of me back again.

"Hello Elle, I'm just here to check you out and things ok?"

"Of course." I smile and move from Derek's lap ignoring the way he tried to initially cling even tighter to me.

Doc dresses my wrist with some soothing balm and wraps it in soft cotton, telling me to keep it on for only three days or so. He also checks me for a concussion which by some miracle, considering the lights I saw, I don't have one.

"Good to have you back Elle." He says as we wave and thank him out the door. I collapse back onto the bed and look up at Derek.

"Can we nap?" I beg, attempting puppy eyes but I'm fairly sure I look deranged. Derek grins and practically bounds into the bed, nearly dislodging me. I giggle and squeal even though just this morning I was still trapped in that house, I can already feel Elijah's touch and presence being washed away.

I scramble under the sheets and sigh as Derek's scent surrounds me, the bed dips and for half a second I freeze. My brain forgetting it isn't Elijah, but I soon reverse into the shape of his body and he wraps one arm over my chest, cupping my breast, the over slung over my waist. He pulls me against him possessively and buries his face in my neck and hair.

For a while his breath tickles but it soon sends me off to sleep, the first restful one I've had in months.

I wake to a sickness in my stomach, bolting from the bed I practically hurl myself into the bathroom and open the toilet lid just in time. Warm hands take my hair and hold it away from my face, the other rubs up and down my body in calming strokes. Once the sickness has passed I collapse against Derek's hard chest and take in deep breaths.

"What was that smell?" I whimper, squeezing my eyes shut as I try not to remember the smell, knowing it will only bring on another bout of nausea.

"It was some toast baby, your stomach was growling in your sleep so I thought you were hungry. I'm so sorry. I thought it would help."

I can hear the guilt in Derek's voice, he's always way too hard on himself. When I was in the car on my way back here I heard his distressed muttering that it was all his fault. It nearly broke my heart.

"It's ok Der, you didn't do anything wrong it's just..." I trail off, not wanting to mention anything to him until I'm absolutely certain it's what I suspect. "It's just a stomach bug or something."