Chapter 5

Louis Tomlinson was the world's worst morning person. It was a morning routine to throw his alarm clock across the room, before waking up and realising he had probably just smashed the shit out of his phone by doing so. This morning was no exception. He must really have god on his side because there was yet to be a single crack in his beloved phone, and that thing had been launched to Antarctica and back. It was currently 6:37am and Louis' sitting at the foot of his bed, staring into his closet absently. He hadn't woke up once, thanks to the help of his trusty medication. However, it never stopped the nightmares and memories than consumed him.

He didn't have the luxury of waking up either, he had to live through each traumatic moment as they played out. He woke up this morning with his hair completely matted and sticking out in a thousand different directions, his head aching and still as tired as fucking ever. He still was yet to have a shower, eat breakfast and get his belongings together for his classes for today but he was considering just calling in sick. There was no way in hell he was going to deal with a bunch of pubescent wankers. He often wondered why he took this job as a teacher, he could be working high up in the government, or even as an actor. He could be spending this morning in a tub full of hot models and drinking expensive champagne. But no. Here he was at 25 years old, sitting at foot of his bed at the crack of dawn, hair wild, bags under his eyes and no will to live.

He ran his hands over his face, groaning loudly to himself before forcing his body to move to the closet. He stared at the array of clothing in his wardrobe. He shouldn't be complaining, he's got a good life. He has a life better than most people. At least he has a wardrobe, and a nice place to live in. He angrily grabs out a grey sweater and black chinos, they'll do for today. The shower is the only thing he looks forward to in the morning because he stands under it for almost an hour, and is approximately half an hour late to work because he just can't get out. But he's restless this morning and not even the shower can calm him down. It's world record timing. 10 minutes and he's climbing out of the steaming hot shower, and drying his body and then hair with the towel. He goes through his morning routine of brushing teeth and shaving and all the other bits and bobs before he goes downstairs. He really isn't hungry. He feels nauseous but he knows if he doesn't eat this morning, he'll be sick later on in the day. It's a snap decision but he opts for a croissant that's still in the cupboard from the other night. It's small and will do its job, and he can eat it while he continues reading the assignments that he needs to mark.

With his mouth full of croissant, he leans back into the couch holding his folder and starts to read. The vivid memory of almost texting Harry last night crosses his mind and his stomach churns uncomfortably. He cannot believe he almost did it, actually, he's still guilty for calling Harry the other day and even more guilty for not deleting Harry's number from his calls list. He was going to have to talk to Harry today about taking up tutoring and explaining why he hadn't completed it. He really did have more than enough time in class, but he was too busy texting. Louis rolls his eyes, pushing the thought of Harry out of his mind and continuing reading. The people in this class were either really ignorant or extremely dumb because not one single person was meeting the criteria that was needed. It was the first piece of assessment and they were complete bullshit. Louis hated being the bad guy, but he was going to have to be in order to get this classes overall grade up. He wasn't going to finish the year with a grade average of a C. He wants an average of an A and he will be the rudest prick he can me, in order to let that happen.

By the time he's finished his croissant, Louis is placing his folder in his work satchel, and placing a pair of vans on his feet. He doesn't even bother wearing socks, he couldn't care less. They're too much effort to put on and then get off when he gets home. Soon enough, he's walking out the door and climbing into his car. He drives in silence because he doesn't want to hear a single thing this morning or else he will probably break something. The sky is miserable again today, which makes Louis feel even better. Note the sarcasm. He drives slowly through the back streets, procrastinating because he really doesn't want to go to school today. God. He sounds like the teenager he was back in high school. He hated school, he had the worst time imaginable. Everything about High School life made him want to have a fit. So who knows why he thought becoming a teacher would be brilliant, but he did it anyway. Maybe so he can be that dickhead teacher and finally have control over someone instead of being the one that is controlled. There is only so much procrastination someone can do before they have to accept their fate and do it, so he cringes slightly when he finds himself pulling into the staff carpark at the back of the school. It's a shit day, he's in a shit mood and everything about this school screams shit.