Chapter 32

(A/N: guess who's back. back again? um anyway- sorry for the extremely late chapter. I feel really guilty but university is extremely difficult. I'm working on multiple assignments, doing daily classes, juggling single motherhood and also preparing for upcoming clinical placement. I'm no superhuman, unfortunately. thnx for your unwavering patience and love. i love y'all)  

Harry wasn't completely heartbroken when the idea of living with Niall was shut down. It was starting to really feel like a completely fresh start wasn't a bad idea at all. Everything in this godforsaken place just radiated toxic energy and left Harry feeling more drained than ever. Of course, leaving Niall and Ed behind was going to be painful but he knew that they'd still remain close even with the distance.

"I'm really sorry Harry, I know this is a big thing to spring on you and I know that you have your friends here but the purpose of us moving is to give you a fresh start. If I were to move and leave you to stay behind then that defeats the purpose of it," Anne's eyes are filled with a sense of deep sadness as she watches Harry slump back into his chair. She reaches over and gently runs her hands through his hair in a silent bid of comfort. "You're going to make wonderful friends you know. This school is going to be excellent."

"Yeah, I know. I just...I just want to finish the year here at least. I don't want to move in the middle of the year. You're probably right in saying that things here aren't the best for me. And there's a lot of evidence to back that claim but you also have to trust that I am okay," Harry can't help but sound like he's starting to beg, when in fact, it's the opposite. The pain of moving was starting to subside, and he was coming to terms with it.

"I understand honey,"

"You're such a bright, intelligent young man. You know that, right? I know I told you that your school sent in letters of support and recommending you as a student, but you have no idea about the wonderful things they've said about you. Your teachers really appreciate you,"

"I don't believe that. I'm not the receiving the top grades out of the cohort and I've missed quite a bit of class with everything that's happened...I'm not...Whoever they were, they were probably just doing it because they had to," Harry winces at the thought, crossing his arms and tilting his head back. He closes his eyes and forces a deep breath, a coping mechanism for his growing anxiety.

"One of them actually put their hands up to do it without being asked," Anne's voice is filled with newfound warmth and excitement, and Harry opens one eye and watches as she walks over to her filing cabinet. Her brunette hair is pulled into a neat bun and Harry can't help but notice the tiredness of her face and he starts to feel immensely guilty because through all of this, he hasn't really thought about the impact it's had on her.

"I love you," The words leave Harry's mouth before he can stop himself, but he's thankful in the end because he watches as his mother's tired face turns up into a warm smile again and she looks like some sort of life has been breathed back into her. He watches cautiously as she flicks through papers and then pulls one out on its own.

"Aha! I just want you to read it and understand what you are capable of, okay?" Anne waves the paper in the air as she quickly makes her way back over to Harry's slumped figure in the chair and she reaches out to pass it to him.

Harry hesitantly takes the paper out of her hands and the first thing he notices is the school's logo in the top right corner and all the details about it. His eyes slowly scan the wording and there is a feeling of recognition that flutters in the depths of his stomach. It leaves him feeling warm, excited, and proud. All his life he has heard snide comments made about him, or just flying under the radar but to be noticed and recognised in such a manner leaves a feeling of accomplishment in his veins.