Chapter 11

It's in that moment Louis feels like his younger self being pulled into a strong rip in the ocean. He feels like he's pulled under the water and unable to breathe. That's the type of terror that has overcome him as he stares at the man that ruined his entire life. His father was the pure embodiment of rage as he stares at Louis, shoulders square and hands shaking.
Troy was dressed in a long sleeved navy blue button up business shirt, black pants and pointed leather shoes. His coat is clenched in one hand.
When no one responds to his question, he starts on Louis. He tries to walk forward but Johannah places a gentle hand on his chest. He stares at her through his beady eyes.

"Honey. He's just come to visit, it's been a long time."

"He isn't allowed in the house, I told him if I ever saw him again I'd kill him. I can't believe he has the nerve to show up here! And you let him in!"

Louis swallows, his head swimming and body weak. He needs to say something now or he may as well forever hold his peace.

"I was coming to visit the girls, I owe them that much,"

"Don't you dare speak to me, you filthy prick," His father basically spits in his direction

Louis can feel the anger that is building, the anger and pain this man had inflicted all these years was going to lead to this moment. Where Louis can finally stand up for himself as a grown man and not a lost little boy.

"You don't know anything about me. You don't know who I've become. So how can you still treat me like this?" Louis speaks carefully. He doesn't want the girls to hear this. He doesn't want them to deal with it again.

"Look at you. Nothing about you has changed. You're still pathetic and you don't look any different to who you were,"

"You wouldn't know anything," Louis retorts

"Troy, you need to give him a chance. A lot of things have changed since then," Johannah tries to reason

"Fine. Tell me. It won't change anything," Troy crosses his arms and rolls his eyes

"I'm a school teacher, I've been dating a girl for 2 years. I'm having a successful life and I'm starting to become who I've always wanted to be,"

Troy's face falters slightly as he takes in Louis' words. Louis knows there is no word in the English language that expresses the feeling that overwhelms him when he's proved his dad wrong.

"What happened to your disgusting other fling?"

"It wasn't a fling. We were together for a long time but we had to go our separate ways. I was too emotionally damaged,"

"You emotionally damaged? Get over yourself," Troy scoffs and Louis raises an eyebrow. There's no way he can keep himself calm now.

"Excuse me? you're telling me I'm not psychologically damaged? I spent years of my life being abused, traumatised by your disgusting ethics. I was taught to be something I wish I never was. I am psychologically fucked up for the rest of my life because you were a terrible, abusive, alcoholic of a father," Louis is seething now, his entire body visibly shaking

"You were psychologically fucked up the minute you thought having a boyfriend was morally okay." Troy shoots back

Louis has to swallow the bile that is forming heavy at the back of his throat. He's shaking with anxiety and rage and he can't keep this up for much longer.

"I learnt. You taught me that it was wrong okay? I am in a relationship with a girl. What else do you want me to do? I just want to be fucking happy!" Louis yells, losing his cool completely

"Louis. You will never learn that it is wrong. I can just tell by looking at you what you are. I can't be in this house while you're here. Johannah I'm going to the pub to drink. I want him gone by the morning. I don't want to see him or hear his name. It makes me sick,"