one

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE WORLD was different, it was no longer fascinating and the depths that one would want to reach no longer interested them anymore.

as if the blindfold was ripped off, she could finally see clearly.

the world was a dark, dangerous place that needed to be destroyed - she couldn't think that though.

Meredith Creed's soul had darkened upon the events that nearly lead to her untimely death, she had seen more than any young girl like herself should see.

people fussed over her walking on eggshells like any wrong move or question could break her, it was frustrating.

on more than one occasion, in a spur of her anger things had mysteriously moved or shattered in her small 2 bedroom apartment.

as each day passed the outbursts got increasingly bigger and after each one strange images filled her brain.

the last time crazy scientists done experiments on her body as twins stood aside witnessing every slice and cut that they inflicted on her body.

she screamed and begged for mercy, they didn't budge.

Meredith sat upright abruptly running fingers through her dark brown hair, forehead lined in a thick layer of sweat.

her chest heaved up and down urgently as her lungs welcomed each breath with open arms.

yet another nightmare.

her eyes searched the room frantically as if she could feel someone lurking amongst the shadows watching her, nothing was ever there.

like her therapist, she chalked it up to be ptsd or her anxiety getting worse.

"you need to check yourself into a mental hospital." Sarah joked light heartedly sifting through the paperwork.

a mundane office job wasn't the ideal situation but it gave her enough money to pay for her bills and that was mode than she could ask for.

"They're just nightmares.." Meredith tried to defend herself lightly drawing symbols in a small notebook.

the book was supposed to be for clients but majority of the pages were full of sketches, not many people wanted to hire the girl who was openly supportive of Tony Stark and his crusade.

"you're losing your mind." the blonde haired girl spoke placing a stack of marked paperwork on her her desk.

Meredith griped the edge of her desk gritting her teeth, "I'm perfectly sane! I just need a healthy stress reliever that can get my mind off things."

Sarah scoffed, "you're in denial."

"I survived being impaled by an alien weapon, of course my mind is fucked up!"

her friend ignored the anger behind her words and continued to berate her, "I can give you the number to a great medical centre!"

the lights around the office exploded sparks raining down on the other morning employees simply trying to survive their 9-5 job.

"I need a break." Meredith stutters almost running from the office.

her black heels click and clatter against the pavement as she rushes into the alleyway beside her office.

she trudged through puddles barely lifting her feet from the ground, it was just past noon and the moon could be seen preparing its arrival a few hours early.

"1, 2, 3..." she whispers clenching her fists, the nails she had spent months growing drawing specks of blood.

Meredith's eyes flickered between red and their usual dark brown, she groaned in pain as the throbbing on the base of her brain returned.

she grabbed handfuls of her hair and screamed, no longer withholding the rage.

the streetlights burst and trash cans fell spilling the contents, the weight on her chest was a little lighter and she could finally breathe.

the rage was becoming too much.

maybe Sarah was right, perhaps locking herself away and tossing the key was the right choice.

The sensible choice.

A brief moment of silence passes and Meredith straightens her postures and fixes her clothes trying to make her appearance seem pulled together.

she brushes her hair over her shoulder and moves quickly trying to head back into the office.

a hand extends capturing her wrist in a death grip, "I'm sorry love but we really need to talk."

Meredith gasps audibly as the world around her turns black.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬