~ 𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞 ~

Jinsol burst through the doors of the library, causing Felix to shake his head at the girl's loud entrance, and scanned the tables for her tutor. She wasn't about to let her down again, especially after she said she was going to prove herself to the younger. Plus she was finally ready to tell Jungeun the real reason she was failing math, something she'd only told her best friends. The black haired girl quickly sat down and took out a blue aquatic themed notebook she'd bought the day before in preparation. Felix sighed once again as another person came bursting through the large doors and it was none other than the student vice president. Jinsol quickly pulled out a pack of new multi coloured pens (she'd got them after she lost her other one) and tore the packet open, scribbling on her notebook to look busy.

"Jinsol!" Jungeun whisper yelled as she sat down in front of her student, out of breath. "Sorry I'm late, the council meeting with the dean ran over. How long have you been waiting for me?" Jinsol casually looked at the non-existant watch on her wrist. "Eh. Not too long." Jungeun felt relieved as she took out her laptop when a burst of colour caught her eye. She looked at the pack of multi coloured pens next to Jinsol, freshly ripped open, and she couldn't help but smile at the other girl's sense of child like innocence. "So, before we start today, do you want to tell me the important thing you had to say?"

Jinsol's head shot up from her useless scribbling and she gulped as she thought about this moment. She had never told anyone that weren't her friends about this so she was extremely nervous about how Jungeun would react. Jinsol found it hard to get the words out "Um... well... I uh-" Her stammering stopped abruptly when she felt Jungeun's hand on her own, the younger looking at her sympathetically. "It's okay. I told you, I promise I won't judge you like I have before."

The two shared a small smile and that's when Jinsol felt reassured enough to finally tell her tutor the problem she'd been facing since she was a little girl. "Well, when I was younger, I'd always been the best in my class at math. Everything just clicked so fast for me and all the other kids used to both hate and admire me for it. I even won awards for my old school." Jinsol paused and laughed a bit at her past math genius self. "But then one day me, my parents, and my brother decided to go on a trip that I practically begged them for."

"Brother? I didn't know you have a brother." Jungeun said in confusion because she was sure she heard the older once say she was an only child. "Had. I had a brother." Jinsol continued. "That day in the car, my dad got an important business call while he was driving the car and he wasn't going to answer it but all it took was that one second he took his eyes off the road to not see the truck coming from the side of us. It slammed into the side of our car and well, I'm sure you can guess what happened. My parents came out with a few broken bones and surface grazes but my brother died on impact." Jungeun couldn't believe what she was hearing, instant regret was filling up her heart but she let Jinsol continue.

"And as for me. Well I was in a coma for like a month and they actually pronounced me as brain dead but you should know by now that I'm not that easy to get rid of. But I guess I did get my fair share of damage because I never fully recovered from the accident, a part of my brain is permanently damaged and sadly that meant that I lost most of my abilities in math. I couldn't even process a fucking number so the doctor officially diagnosed me with dyscalculia. All I came home to was a shelf of meaningless trophies and an empty bedroom of a little boy who was never going to get to grow up. After that day my parents have never really looked at me the same. They blame me for us even going in the first place. They've basically paid my way through the rest of my education but it became harder when BBU said they'd only let me in on the condition that I get enough credits to graduate on time otherwise we have to pay double the tuition fee. My stupid ass parents wanted to cover it all up so bad that they made me take a fucking math class knowing that I can't do it anymore, and they didn't even let me get help. So... now you know." Jinsol said with her lips pressed together in a casual smile as she looked up to see her tutor silently crying. "Woah are you crying? I did not mean to make you cry Jungeun, I'm sorry-"

"No! Don't apologise to me Jinsol, don't apologise to anyone because you haven't done anything wrong." Jungeun said loudly in what could only be described as a Kim Kardashian type cry, gaining the attention of the whole library and some serious dirts from Felix. Jinsol packed her bag and went to Jungeun's side of the table, putting her hands on the younger's shoulders and lowering her head to whisper to her. "Let's go somewhere where we won't annoy the shit out of everyone."