~ 𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫 ~

After finishing her observation of the gala guests from the window, Jinsol thanked the chauffer as he held the limousine door open for her

After finishing her observation of the gala guests from the window, Jinsol thanked the chauffer as he held the limousine door open for her. She went to the other side and opened the door for Jungeun, bowing chivalrously as she offered her hand to the younger. "My lady."

Jungeun tried to contain her smile as she took her girlfriend's hand and stepped out of the lavish vehicle. The two of them gained some attention as they walked down the red carpet of the gala entrance, almost looking like royalty. They smiled politely to the other guests as Jinsol lowered her voice to speak to the brunette. "You know, I'm still surprised your dad even let me come with you to this thing. I thought he'd want all the attention to be on you and-"

Jinsol was cut off as an obstacle in her path caused her to stumble backwards but luckily Jungeun kept her up. Judging by the suit she could see the 'obstacle' wearing, she guessed she had just bumped into someone important and that she should probably be saying something at this moment but any words she had were diminished as she saw who this person was. Woojin smiled smugly as he firmly put his hand on her arm. "Jinsol, how lovely to see you again."

As soon as Jungeun heard the man's voice, an instinct inside her kicked off and told her to punch him in the face but she knew that would do no good right now. Instead she subtly pulled Jinsol back and stood in front of her, not afraid to look at Woojin with a threatening glint in her eye. Woojin looked to the side and scoffed before turning back to his fiancée. "Jungeun. Don't look too mad. We are supposed to be debuting as a couple today after all, so why don't you come with me-"

"No. You may be my fiancé on paper but you're nothing to me. The only time we'll be interacting is in front of the media but if I see you anywhere near Jinsol tonight I'll-"

"You'll what?" Woojin threatened back but he took a few steps away from the girls as Jungeun's father came to greet her. The stern man shook hands with Woojin and nodded to his daughter and Jinsol. "Jungeun, nice to see you looking presentable and on time. I see you've already been getting along with Woojin."

"Oh yeah, we have. And I've especially loved talking to her good friend here." Knowing Jungeun couldn't do much in the public setting, Woojin went to Jinsol's other side and flung his arm around her, squeezing her into his side. Jungeun noticed the older girl flinch at his action and the afraid look in her eyes paired with Woojin's devilish smirk made her want to throttle him right here. She clenched her fist and as her father was talking to Woojin she carefully removed the boy's arm from around her girlfriend. Being freed from his hold, Jinsol immediately shuffled towards Jungeun, almost like a scared child. The younger hated how Woojin made Jinsol feel and it only provided her with more motivation to take him down.

 The younger hated how Woojin made Jinsol feel and it only provided her with more motivation to take him down

The guests were now all sitting at tables as the organiser of the event had just finished their speech and the waiters were now busily cascading around the room, serving the elite crowd

The guests were now all sitting at tables as the organiser of the event had just finished their speech and the waiters were now busily cascading around the room, serving the elite crowd. Jungeun and Jinsol were sitting at a table near the middle with Jungeun's father and unfortunately for the young couple, Woojin and his brother had joined them. Jungeun could feel Jinsol tense up everytime he'd move into her vicinity and all she could do was sit there uselessly listening to the small talk going on between the three men. Jinsol sipped the last few drops of her wine and kept her gaze locked downwards, making Jungeun even more worried as it was her fourth glass since they had arrived.

Luckily for her, Sooyoung's ex had just arrived (Jungeun had invited her as another plus one so she wouldn't gain any suspicion from the other guests). She politely greeted everyone at the table and the plan seemed to go in motion as Woojin's attention was now on Doyeon. Jinsol decided to take Doyeon's entrance as an opportunity to make her own exit to escape to the uncomfortable situation.

"Excuse me." She said as she hurriedly got up and speed walked out of the banquet hall. Jungeun didn't hesitate to follow her out and into the bathroom as she found the older gripping the sides of the sink tightly, tears brimming in her eyes. When she heard Jungeun come in she looked at her with a sympathetic smile before finally admitting what the younger girl had already guessed. "Sorry Jungie, I guess it's harder to see him than I thought."

"Don't apologise Sol." Jungeun said as the tears finally left her girlfriend's eyes. The younger cautiously came up behind her, not wanting to push any boundaries. She slowly wrapped her arms around the taller girl's waist, enclosing her in comforting hug. "It's okay. I'm here."

"I'm sorry, I'm overreacting." Jinsol sniffled as Jungeun leant her head on the older girl's back, trying her best to console her. "You're not overreacting. Your feelings are completely valid, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Jinsol laughed lightly as she took Jungeun's hands in her own and intertwined their fingers. "I know we've only been dating for less than a day but you're already the best girlfriend ever."

"I can say the same thing about you." Jungeun smiled as she tightened her hold on the older, not wanting to let go but she knew she'd have to, for the sake of her blossoming relationship and for the sake of her own freedom.