~ 𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫 ~

Jungeun's hands were shaking as she angrily walked alongside the pitch towards the crowd of people near 'Minho'

Jungeun's hands were shaking as she angrily walked alongside the pitch towards the crowd of people near 'Minho'. She couldn't believe what Jinsol had done writing her this letter, thinking that it would erase the fact that she'd been lying to her the whole time. With every step she took, Jungeun thought about all the intimate conversations she'd had with Jinsol in that wolf suit, ones about her father, her future, her feelings. She wasn't just feeling angry but she was feeling vulnerable knowing that her enemy at the time had all this sensitive information about her. Information that if her father found out, he'd probably cut her off, and if the other students found out, she'd have a label hanging over her head for the rest of her years at the university. But the fact was that Jinsol never did tell any of that stuff to anyone. And she never would have. Deep down, Jungeun knew this but in that moment the pain she felt in her heart was too overwhelming to ignore and a certain wolf standing a few feet away from her was about to face the consequences.

"Minho!" She shouted through the small crowd of students around the mascot, earning their attention. Yeonjun slung his arm around the vice president, clearly drunk since he was holding a flask. "Karen! So good to see you again. Karen Kim's here everybody!" He shouted as the Hwang twins sauntered up to them. Hyunjin removed Yeonjun's arm from around Jungeun and Yeji offered an apologetic smile but Jungeun was too focused to be bothered by any of them.

Jinsol noticed the whole scene going on and was about to intervene but stopped in her tracks when she saw Jungeun raise her arms, holding something in each of her hands. In one was the letter Jinsol had put in her locker earlier, now opened, and in the other was a very familiar pen. By the look on Jungeun's face, Jinsol had started to piece together what was going on and it finally added up when she saw Haseul and Jae coming up to her. Jungeun knew.

Jinsol took off the wolf head abruptly and locked eyes with the hurt looking girl standing in front of her. "Jungeun." She tried to find the words to say to her but nothing seemed right. Nothing she could say in that moment would erase the damage that had been done.

A drunk Yeonjun tripped slightly as he squinted at Jinsol. "Hey, is that Soljin?" Suddenly Sana, Soojin and Jeongin looked down from their spot on the bleachers in interest too, Sana shouting down to the now unmasked mascot "Hey Jinsol! How come's you're Minho? What the fuck happened to that stoner Jae?"

Jinsol was too worried about Jungeun to be bothered to cover up for Jae anymore, after all that's what had gotten her into this mess in the first place. Luckily for her the boy they were just speaking about came over and spoke up "That stoner is here! I'm here. I just had a little emergency today so Jinsol covered for me."

"Just today?" Jungeun challenged earning a sympathetic frown from Jinsol. Haseul stood between them and cleared her throat. "Well, now that Minho's been demasked Jinsol why don't you go the locker room and put the suit back in the closet? Jungeun you come too." Haseul could see Vivi look down at her in concern so she smiled at her, letting her know that everything was okay as the trio made their way to the locker rooms. It was very much not okay.

"Jungeun-" Haseul started but her friend cut her off. "Haseul I want to talk to her alone." Haseul nodded guiltily as she left the room, leaving the other two alone. "Well, what were you going to say Jinsol? You're sorry? You didn't mean for it to happen? You thought I wouldn't care? Because-"

"No! I..." Jinsol interrupted the younger girl's venting, slumping onto the bench. "There's nothing I can say but the truth, if you'll let me." Jungeun looked at her skeptically before nodding for her to go on. "I know it sounds like an excuse but I really didn't know that we'd become close Jungeun. That first day I was Minho, I never would've known that I'd be comforting you and I didn't know that it would go further. But when I saw it started getting more serious, I told Haseul. I told her that I couldn't keep doing this to you but Jae was in trouble with the police so she said I really couldn't tell anyone..."

"When you saw me pour my heart out to you, why couldn't you tell me? Why did you let me tell you things that I wasn't ready to tell you Jinsol? I'm the fucking student vice president, do you really think I would've told anyone about Jae?" Jungeun shouted down at Jinsol with tears in her eyes. She turned away from the girl on the bench and started wiping her eyesc, trying her hardest not to start crying. "You know, maybe I could've understood why you hid it when we didn't like each other. But now? I thought we were becoming... friends. I thought you trusted me because, I trusted you."

"Jungeun of course I trusted you, I do trust you." Jinsol now too was fighting back tears as she turned Jungeun around and held her hands. "I meant everything I said in that letter. I know I broke your trust but I would never judge for what you told me and I never would have told anyone, even if I didn't like you at the time. But that doesn't matter now Jungeun, I care about you. Too much to hurt you like this."

"Yeah well you should've thought of that when you sat there all those times in the library with me acting all oblivious and lying straight to my face." Jungeun removed her hands from Jinsol's and wiped her eyes before making her way to the locker room doors. She turned one last time to say "I believe you that you didn't want to hurt me. But I don't know if I can forgive you."