❤ Valentine's Day Bonus Chapter ❤

A/N This chapter is dedicated to @Leticia_Nsct, thank you so much for your support. Reading your comments always gives me the energy to get started on the next chapter, I wish you the best in your studies and life. Stay happy. Lots of love from this grateful writer xx

Ember

It was my first Valentine's Day.

It was the first Valentine's Day Kane and I were spending as a couple. It was also the first time I was dating someone at all.

I was confused as hell.

I wanted to do something together but I wasn't even sure he was into that kind of thing.

What did couples do on Valentine's Day to begin with? All the true crime videos I'd watched hadn't provided much information on the subject of romantic dates- and the ones that started romantically all had bloody endings. Not much help there.

There was only one way to sort this out, I thought. I took a seat at the kitchen counter and dialed a number.

"Alpha Ember, how may your humble servant be of service to you this horrible morning?" Darius answered.

"Horrible morning?" I frowned. "Did something bad happen?"

"It's Valentine's Day. That's what happened."

I snorted. "I thought you loved this holiday, you never seemed lonely on it before."

"Looks can be deceiving."

"I didn't call to join in on your pity party," I said, glancing around to see if anyone was around. "You're the last person on earth who deserves my pity."

"You're right. Let's meet and you can tell me how much you hate me in person."

"I have better plans," I said, picking up an apple from the fruit bowl and taking a bite. "How do you think Kane would take it if I planned a surprise Valentine's dinner for him?"

There was a short pause while the evil wheels in his head turned, then he said very gravely, "Kane doesn't like romantic dates."

I grinned. "Then it looks like I'll be going on a romantic date today. Thanks, Darius. Bye."

I hung up, ignoring the objections he was starting on. I finished my apple while planning the details of our dinner date, downed a cup of milk and dashed upstairs for my purse. Kane had left since dawn to help a teenaged wolf who was having a hard time with his transition into wolf form. Having the alpha around would help him gain control- but it would take a long time. Kane shouldn't be home till sunset, just enough time for me to go grocery shopping, put together a special dinner and decorate the dining room.

Purse in hand, I grinned, wondering what kind of reaction Kane would have.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

I dropped my purse, whirled around.

Kane stood in the doorway to our room, looking tired and curious. Too curious for my liking.

I quickly covered up my shock, bending down to pick up my purse. "Just excited about lunch. Why are you back here already?"

"We finished up faster than predicted, the kid was a quick learner. The problem was his lack of confidence."

I nodded, walked over to the doorway. "Cool."

He stared down at me.

I raised my brows. "Can I pass?"