Chapter 5 - Am I psycho or stupid, that is the question.

"I know it sounds weird Nat, and I– I completely understand if you don't believe me but–", I sigh.

God, it's harder than I thought. How am I supposed to say to the Black Widow that she is a comics character and that none of this is real? She's gonna take me for some sort of lunatic and they are gonna send me to the nearest psychiatric hospital. I do not like to lie to her, she has been anything but welcoming despite their precautions. I guess I just have to tell her and have faith.

"Fine, Nat I am gonna tell you all the truth and all I know so far but you have to promise me to keep an open mind, what I'm gonna tell you is going to make me sound like I'm crazy so..."

"Inès, crazy is not a word I would ever use to describe you."

I give her a weak smile. "Well, I don't remember much from before I arrived here, I just know that I had a family and that we all lived in France."

I smile thinking about my family. I lift my head to watch Natasha's reaction. As expected she hides every emotion.

"I know all of you and I know a lot of things about the Tesseract and such because–, gosh I don't know how you'll take it, because if I'm right I think that I am from a kind of another version of this universe, and from where I'm from you all are comic books and movie characters", I grimace not knowing how she'll react to the bomb I just dropped.

That's it, I'm done, I'm sure she thinks I blew a fuse. Bet that in two hours of time I'll be in some asylum. Shit, why did I do that? Am I stupid or what? What's gotten into me?

"Well, Inès, I don't know what to tell you, for sure it is highly unbelievable."

"I know, just, please try to think about it, I do not expect you to believe me, I gave you no reason to do so but don't– just try to think about it please."

"I can't promise you anything but I can tell you I will let Tony know, after all, he is the genius here", she winks at me.

I let out a shaky breath. "Thank you, Nat, you don't know how much it means to me, really."

"Well I have some training to do so I am gonna leave but before I will go tell Tony what you shared with me, is that ok if I do it now?"

"Yeah, of course, I guess the sooner, the better."

"Okay, then I'll leave you to it, he is either gonna come down ask you a ton of questions or he is gonna stay in his office thinking about it."

Turns out Tony choose his office over me, how rude! Notice the sarcasm here. I spend the day like yesterday chatting with F.R.I.D.A.Y. and trying to figure out whether or not Natasha believed me or had just chosen to be gentle in handling my disturbed mind. Around midday, she brings me a tray of food but leaves quickly pretexting some 'urgent matters to attend to', I don't know what that means but I'm pretty sure it has something to do about what I told her earlier.

The more I think of it the more I believe it's the only possible answer. I mean, at first, I thought about coma but how could I have physical sensations if I were in a coma? Like not only do I feel when I hit something, my pinky toe remembers the bed leg this morning but I also feel sensations of tiredness and hungriness. I also thought about dreams but I can read the labels on my clothes so it's not possible. No the only believable answer to me is that I am really here. Now I have to discover how?

I guess Thor gave me a part of the solution. He seemed to think that my apparition resembled the powers of the Tesseract so I guess it's a good starting point in my thinking.

Those thoughts swamp my head all day. Before I can even realise it's night and Natasha is back with dinner. Today's menu is, drum roll please ladies and gentlemen, a salad! Yay! And if after all this sarcasm you still wonder, no I'm not the type of girl who thinks salad is the best meal, I'd rather eat something more substantial.

Anyway, that being said, Natasha and I finally have the occasion to chat a little. I ask her about her favourite music and her go-to coffee option and in return, she asks me about what I remember from my life.

"So if you lived in France, how do you speak English?"

"To be honest I know that I studied English and all but I never thought I could speak that well, maybe it's an effect of when I arrived here?"

"Maybe..."

Suddenly the atmosphere is awkward. We don't speak much after that and soon Natasha leaves wishing me a good night.

It's dark and I only can see a glistening in the ocean of black before my eyes. I hear an ethereal voice but I cannot distinguish the meaning of it. Suddenly there is a flash of rainbow-like light. And the dark.

I start sweating, at first I think that it might be caused by the stress but I soon notice the heat coming by waves, each one hotter than the previous until it's crippling. I try by every means to escape it but I cannot see a thing as I'm blinded by an orange light. Is it some sort of extreme sunset? I struggle to get out of this heat and I suddenly wake up, with a stabbing pain in the chest. I struggle with breathing, each breath I take is accompanied by a sharp sting.

"F.R.I.– F.R.I.D.A.Y., help!", is all I can manage to croak before it's dark again.

❋❋❋❋

I know, I know, two chapters in one night, what's gotten me you might think. Well, I was struck by inspiration and I couldn't stop writing.

It's my first author note so please excuse my awkwardness but wow so many views for so little chapter I'm just astounded right now. I don't know what to say except that even if it has not been so much time since I started to write this I have thought a lot and I mean a lot about this story.

It amazes me to see how people react to it. And a huge thank you to Zepheros2500 (I hope the tag will work but either way I will dedicate this chapter to him) for being the first to have posted a comment on my chapters. Thank you so much.

❋❋❋❋