Chapter 11 - Pirozhki

❋❋❋

Oh. My. Godness. 1.2K views!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! Thank you so so much guys, it's so surreal, I don't know what to say! I'm crying as I write those lines! I just, wow. I can't wrap my head around it, it's unbelievable to me that so many people want to read this book. Thank you for letting me bring you along on this journey that's coming straight up from my imagination. I'll promise that I will do my best not to disappoint you. Lots of things are to come, this story has just begun!

Do something that brings you joy every day and with all my love,

Let's go on to a new chapter! (a little Nat POV 😏 I love writing others POV sometimes)

❋❋❋

We laugh and chat a bit more until I decide it's time for me to head to the kitchen. We take turns cooking for the team and tonight I am making pirozhki for everyone. The first time I made it they were all wary, except for Wanda. But from then they always pester me to make them again when it's my turn to cook.

As I take my leave, F.R.I.D.A.Y. notifies Inès that Tony has returned to the compound and that therefore the door to the gym has been unlocked. I turn to watch the screen and see the guys dashing towards the door as they hear the click of the lock. I stifle a laugh and Inès gives me a questioning look. I shrug. I put my hand on the knob and, as turning it, I turn back to her.

"I don't know how I'm gonna handle Sam's pitbull face all evening, but it'll be worth it." We both look at each other and laugh. I leave the room.

This afternoon was fun, I have to say. At least I will have a souvenir with the video she made F.R.I.D.A.Y. send us. And a great way of exerting pressure. I feel that, with Inès around, the guys have no idea what's coming at them. They'll have to keep their wits about her, fearing the next prank she would put on them if not one of Scott's. Those two make a formidable team, fortunately, Loki's not here or else it would be the death of us. I dread to see these three team up, they would wreak havoc.

Once I arrive in the kitchen I spot Tony making himself a cup of coffee and Thor opening another packet of pop-tarts. Tony instantly pounce on me.

"Are you making your piriz– prizoz– well, your meat pastries thing", he asks eagerly.

"Yes Tony I'm making pirozhki", I smile and adds, "if I were you I wouldn't be eating pop-tarts at this hour Thor, you won't be hun–." I stop dead in my tracks. Oh no. Don't. Please make him not be here, not now, not when I can't watch over Inès. "How long have you been here? Is Loki here too?"

"We have just returned Lady Romanoff, but my brother is not in the Compound, he said something about 'needing silence to organize his thoughts'", he continues confused, "don't know why he would need such a thing."

I let out a small breath as relief wash over me. There is no way in the world I would let him approach Ness. And surely not alone. I ask nonchalantly, "will he eat dinner with us?" I look over at Thor to see him shrug in response. Well, one thing I'll have to be careful about. Seeing as she handled Thor I don't doubt that she is intelligent enough to maneuver her way but Loki is not quite the same deal. She could be trapped in her own game. She's just a young girl, she has nothing to do with this wicked world of ours, and it might as well stay like that.

I weigh, mix, mince and knead for a good hour before putting all the little stuffed loaves in the oven. I set the timer and decide to do the dishes. I stack all the pots in one bowl of the sink and start scrubbing. What should I do? Do I use tonight's dinner as an occasion to expose them Inès's theory? I haven't even talked to Tony about it. But they will all be in a good mood since they want these pirozhki so much. It may help the talk be more relaxed. Is her theory even serious enough? What if she's just some loony. No, I've seen her, she fine, a bit mischievous but she's perfectly sane. Oh shit, what am I supposed to do? That may be the first time in my entire life I'm indecisive about something.

I'm startled by the beeping of the oven, indicating the buns are cooked. I call for the team to come down and start setting the table. As I just put the oven shelf on the counter Clint flings himself at me. "Heard Tony said you're making pirozhki, is it true", he asks grinning like an idiot.

"Yes Clint, now, be a good nestling and go help set the table, would you?"

"Don't patronize me! I'm your elder."

"Well, if you act like a child I treat you like a child, gave me no other choice bird boy." I wink at him as he stomps towards the table, fuming.

As Steve and Clint finish setting the table I bring the dish. Suddenly, like a pack of hungry wolves smelling food, they appear out of thin air. They really all are a bunch of teenagers. They would go to the end of the world to not set the table. I shake my head in disbelief, somewhat amused by their look of pure delight as they eat.

"Natasha, they are delicious, as always", compliments Steve. Bruce nods in agreement.

"Could even make up for the fact that I have this stupid song in my head", adds Sam.

Clint, Thor and Tony are too busy stuffing their faces to even say a word. I notice that Barnes is not there. As I asks Steve he explains, "he told me he needed some time alone to think, maybe he'll come down later."

Everyone enjoys the dinner. Tony go grab some beers and we start chatting. Well, I guess it's now or never to confront them.

"Guys we need to talk", as I stand up, everyone turns towards me. But their gaze soon shift to something behind me and I hear Loki. "Yes, I have some information you definitely would want to know. But, please, go first Miss Romanoff."