Vocabulary needed for Chapter 12

❋❋❋

So, at your request, here is a glossary of the words you need to understand for chapter 12. It will be useful for the legend Loki is about to tell. I hope it helps some of you and if you need me to add some other words or explain better feel free to comment, I would gladly answer. Oh, and by the way, I'll do my best to post chapter 13, this evening or tomorrow evening (France time).

Take care, with all my love,

- Inès xx

❋❋❋

Bifröstálfar: Literally elves of the Bifröst.

ðamaðurgoðsögn: Legend or myth of the ðamaður.

ðamaður: No translation exists for this word, but I made it the name by which the beings who created the Bifröst referred to themselves. It is true, however, that it is the communal root for traveller (ferðamaður) and guardian (forráðamaður) in Icelandic. I used Icelandic as a référence for Asgardian as it is very difficult to find a Norse translator.

goðsögn: Can be translated by either legend or myth.

Ymir: The first being, a giant bigger than the worlds, ancestor to all the giants.

Æsir: A race, tribe or branch of the gods, whom some possess and can use magic, although limited to certain fields. They live in Ásgard.

Vanir: A race, tribe or branch of the gods, whom some possess and can use magic, although limited to certain fields. They originally lived in Vanaheim but some of them went to Ásgard. They are similar on many points to the Æsir, though they are sometimes considered less powerful, or equivalent to the minor gods of Ancient Greece.

Jötun: Literally giant. They live on Jötuheim and are reputed for their barbaric manners and brute force. They also have an incredible resistance to cold, even extreme.

Andar: Literally spirit.

Yggdrasil: The tree of world. It is said that it is connected to each realm through its branches and roots.

Ljósálfar: Literally elves of light or luminous elves.

Mjöllnir or Mjølnir: If you are a fan of Marvel and I need to explain to you what Mjöllnir is, you clearly haven't seen a lot of the films/read a lot of the comics. For those who discover this universe through my story, I hope you like it so far. Mjöllnir is the remarkable hammer of Thor and his most precious belonging, crafted for him by Eitri (a dwarf or dark elf in Norse mythology). In the MCU however, it belonged to Odin, and then Hela, before it befell into Thor's possession. It was crafted by the dwarves for the royal family of Asgard.