Chapter 3- Emma

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME???" Emma said as she bursted in and saw Olivia and Aaron about to kiss. "AARON WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!???" 

Aaron sat there in shock. "Your friends with Emma Chamberlain??" he asked Olivia. Olivia looked down and didn't say anything. Aaron was at a loss for words. 

"I can't believe my best friend would get with my ex." Emma said angrily. 

"You don't understand Emma, I just met him today" said Olivia

"You just met him today and he's already in your house trying to kiss you?!??" Emma responded, "I was just trying to drop off my present for Valentine's Day and instead I walk in on this." 

"Emma I didn't realize he was your ex until he told me his name....and he was already in my house so there was nothing I could do about it." Olivia said. 

"Yeah but you still decided to cuddle with him and try to kiss him!!?!?!" Emma said. "I can't stand you Olivia." 

"Emma I was lost in the moment, he tried to kiss me first and I couldn't realize what was happening." Olivia said. 

Emma gave Aaron a death stare. The rain started to pour harder and harder, to the point that Emma might not be able to go home. 

"Olivia why are you blaming this on me??" Aaron said, "You let me wrap your arm around you and you put your head on my shoulder!!! And I didn't even know that you were friends with Emma!! This is not my fault, Olivia deserves to feel bad." 

"Is this true???" Emma asked. 

Olivia looked down again and didn't respond. 

"I can't believe you." Emma said. 

"I'm so sorry Emma..." Olivia said, "It took too long to realize what was fully happening and I am so sorry I let this happen. I'd feel the same way if this happened to me. I should've told him to stop when he started to wrap his arm around me." 

The rain was now pouring so hard they couldn't see anything out of the window. They all stood there, with no clue on what to say. 

"You know what?? I think its best if I just got out of here and let you two work it out." Aaron said.

"No Aaron, you can't go out there in that weather. Its too dangerous." Olivia said. 

"Of course you want him to stay" Emma said, glaring at Olivia. 

Emma glanced at her phone. It was already 11:23 pm and it was pitch black outside.

"Well..." Olivia said, "I do have an extra room in my house if you guys need to stay here..."

Aaron and Emma glanced at each other. "I'll just sleep on the couch I guess" Aaron said. 

"Ok...I guess I'll sleep in the extra bedroom then" Emma replied. 

"Goodnight...?" Olivia said. 

They all went to their rooms and tried to fall asleep. So much had happened tonight it was too much to process for all of them. 

A FEW HOURS LATER

Emma tried to fall asleep, but it was just too hard. Did she still like Aaron? Were her and Olivia even friends anymore? Why would Olivia even do that to her? She wondered. She eventually decided that she should get up and go to Olivia's kitchen to get some water. She got out of bed and stood up, trying her best to not make any noise. 

She walked from her room into the living room to get to the kitchen. She saw Aaron laying on the couch, taking his shirt off to go to bed. Aaron looked right back at her and they made extremely awkward eye contact. 

"Hey..." Aaron said, "I want to talk to you, Emma."

"Ok..." she said, sitting down on the couch next to Aaron, "what's up??"

"Do...do you think we'd still be dating if I lived in LA when we did?" 

Emma thought for a second. They broke up because the formula was just too hard, with the distance and everything. She only saw Aaron for 2 weekends a month, and every time they saw each other it just felt off...so that was why they broke up. A day or so later, Aaron was caught at a frat party, intoxicated, kissing this girl. People immediately assumed he was cheating on Emma, even though that wasn't the case. They had already broken up. 

"I mean maybe..." she started, "I miss you Aaron." 

"Wait hold on...aren't you dating Tucker? Role Model?" Aaron said. 

"Yeah...I miss you as a friend...or maybe even as a boyfriend. You were such a good person to be with, you were always so supportive, and kind, and loving. I miss you so much and even though Tucker is a pretty good boyfriend, you guys are just so different." She said. 

"I miss you too Emma." Aaron said, smiling. 

They glanced over at each other. Emma looked at Olivias wall clock across the room, it was already almost 4 am. Before she knew it she drifted off to sleep...on Aarons bare chest.