Chapter 8

A FEW DAYS LATER 

Emma woke up and got out of bed. The past few days had been hard for her and Aaron. They could barely make it through a conversation without mentioning what was going on. She could tell it hurt him. 

Tucker was annoying her too. He still wasn't gonna post the video explaining what had happened with them, and day by day she was getting more hate. Today was Sunday, the day she would usually post a video, but she wasn't going to today. Imagining her comment section if she posted a video that wasn't related to the situation terrified her. As she was making her Chamberlain Coffee, she thought about Tucker. She had no idea what he was up to, and not talking to him everyday was different. She decided to go to twitter to try to find him. After she deleted twitter, she had done her best to resist using it, but this time felt necessary. She would just brace herself for the hate. 

ROLEMODEL

"I don't miss no ex, I don't miss no text, I choose not to respond" -sza

Emma swallowed. People were gonna think this was about her. She prepared herself to open the comments. 

"THIS IS DEFINITELY ABOUT EMMA"

"fuck emma chamberlain"

"imagine leaving role model for your ex. embarrassing." 

"cancel emma 2021"

"you deserve better than emma ever treated you"

"well emma obviously misses hers...."

Emma felt so angry and upset with Tucker. Why would he tweet that?? She opened her messages with Tucker. 

Tucker

Emma: tucker we need to talk, why would you tweet that?? it really seems like you don't care about me and are trying to draw more attention to this situation than necessary. 

Tucker: i don't care about you. do you think that after all you did to me i still would?? go have aaron. i would prefer to not speak to you. 

Emma: tucker you don't understand. its ok if you don't care about me, but please stop drawing attention to this. this is the most hate i've ever gotten. even though we aren't doing too good rn, i still would never want to wish hate on you. 

*message not delivered*

Tucker had blocked her. Emma couldn't believe her eyes. He really did not care about her. 

Aaron

Emma: hey aaron. can you come over again?? im really struggling rn and having you with me would help a lot. 

Aaron: of course, i'll be there in 15.

Emma: ok thanks

A few minutes later, Emma heard a knock at her door. She let Aaron in. 

"Whats up??" Aaron asked, "are you doing ok?"

"Yeah...so...on tuckers twitter he posted this..." Emma said, showing him the tweet. 

"Oh God what do the replies look like???"

Emma scrolled through the comments, showing Aaron. 

"Oh...I'm so sorry Emma" Aaron said, "I didn't expect for all of the comments to be about you"

"yeah, I tried texting Tucker about it but he blocked me."

"Emma I'm so sorry, I feel so bad for you. If I never saw Olivia at the coffee shop that one day none of this would have ever happened. I am so sorry for not realizing what I could have done. It is all just a big mistake."

"Aaron no its not your fault, you didn't even realize that it was Olivia. You were just trying to be a nice person. Nothing that has happened so far is your fault, so don't feel bad."

Aaron hugged her and Emma wrapped her arms around him. Right now, Aaron was about the only person making her feel better about herself.