chapter nine. [edited]

a/n : I'd recommend rereading this book as I don't think Wattpad notifies you guys when I edit chapters. Anyway yeah I'm alive!

tw/cw mention of lack of food (no ed though!)

No one slept comfortably. Peter started at the ceiling for hours. Knowing Fury, he'd probably already be alerted as to what happened.

That kept him up at night.

Eventually, the sound of FRIDAY loudly speaking at 9 A.M. is enough to wake anyone up.
Peter tried to get up, but he quickly realized he forgot to take off his suit last night. Which sadly meant he slept in his binder.
Looking at it, he should get a new one. He's had it for over a year as it was a birthday gift from Ned and MJ. But now it was worn out. Not to mention right now, his chest ached to move.

Seeing as he never got a chance to eat yesterday, his super healing wouldn't be as quick today. So, against his better judgment, and the aching screams from his chest, Peter got up and walked into the living room.

To say he was nervous was an understatement. The moment Stephen and Tony had seen him in the suit, they had FRIDAY let everyone know he was home safe and to just go back to their homes. Some did but others wanted to make sure he was safe.

As he made it into the living room, he wasn't all that surprised to just see Stephen, assuming Tony needed the extra sleep.

"Morning!" Peter said with as much fake confidence as he could muster to conceal the fact that he's in pain. It took everything in him to even stay standing.

"Good morning Peter." Stephen put down his coffee and immediately sent Peter a death stare.

Peter noticed and stiffened before he softly laughed, "What's up?"

"Peter, I've been with your Dad and this team long enough to know when someone is in pain."

Peter tensed but eventually gave up as he realized there was no way of hiding it.
He was honestly starting to feel light headed. It might be the lack of food, or lack of proper oxygen intake, or presumably some blood lose from all the cuts and scratches he'd get from patrol. But it was getting hard to stay afloat.

Peter simply muttered a soft "sorry" before promptly passing out on the floor.

Peter soon woke up to the sound of a heart monitor and lots of wires. He quickly panicked until Bruce came up to him to calm him down.

"Hey, you're finally awake. How do you feel?"

"Dizzy but alright. What happened?"

"You fainted." Stephen spoke as he was reviewing what appears to be some charts.

"We didn't wanna do anything without your consent so, now that you're awake, would you mind if FRIDAY scans you for some injuries?" Stephen asked

Peter slightly panicked and wanted to protest but the gabbing pain in his chest told him to let it happen.

"Okay yeah. That's fine."

"Thank you. FRIDAY scan him for any injuries or signs of illness."

"Peter appears to have, 1 damaged rib, 3 cuts on his upper leg, severe bruising on his arms, and hasn't eaten for over 24 hours." FRIDAY spoke.

Peter was honestly surprised. With the amount of pain he was in he assumed it would be much worse, but maybe the lack of his healing ability was the reason he felt worse.

"Hey Father, Bruce" Peter shyly started.

They both turned to him with stunned but mainly concerned eyes.