chapter four. [edited]

Peter woke up after having his blanket pulled off him. The cold air hitting him and eventually waking him up. He looked around and saw Lucky, Clint's dog, holding his blanket. Peter didn't even bother trying to get them back, instead, he went over to check his phone.

9:27 A.M

He slept in. At this point, Peter was too tired to even bother rushing to school. It was Friday, so what even really was the point? He lazily got up, threw on another one of Harley's sweaters, and made his way outside, only to be met with an eerie silence. No one was home. Normally the T.V. would be on, and the faint sound of Tony and Bruce blasting music in the lab could be heard, but nothing.

Seeing as no one was home, Peter made himself some chocolate milk and started heading to Tony's lab.

He walked in to see Harley, clearly struggling with something on the whiteboard Tony kept in the back. Peter tiredly walked over and looked at what Harley was working on.

Peter rested his head over Harley's shoulder and said "You forgot to carry the 6." The older boy jumped a little as he didn't hear Peter come in.

"Hey darlin, why aren't you at school?" Harley began running his hands through Peter's hair. His curls standing up in all directions.

"Sleepy." Peter just tiredly mumbled as Harley turned around and picked him up. He walked him over to one of the desks Tony had and placed him on the chair.

"Well then, since everyone else was called into a meeting with the pirate, I get you all to myself, darlin'." Harley followed suit and sat on the desk, still playing with Peter's hair.

"What were they called in for?"

"No clue, something about a vigilante if I remember, but I can't be sure."

Now this worried Peter a bit, he had been Spider-Man for over two years now and he still hadn't told the Avengers. But he doubts they were talking about him. If he were a problem, then it would have been handled years ago.

"Wanna head to the park?" Peter asked, knowing Harley had probably spent the past few days stuck in the lab, working on Tony's suit. Plus he knew how much the southern boy loved the outdoors.

"I thought you'd never asked darlin'."

With that, they both got changed and made their way to a nearby park, stopping to grab some drinks while on the way.

They walked around for a bit, Harley appreciating the breath of fresh air, a very nice contrast to the smell of oil. Peter found it a nice break from everything going on.

Harley found a quiet bench and the two of them sat down, taking in the sun. The sound of traffic, people talking, airplanes, all seemed to fade out for a moment.

Peter initially came out to his friends roughly 8 months ago, at the start of the year. He was thankful they were very supportive. He was thankful they were all still by his side. Harley was still there.

Peter held his hand a little tighter.

New York streets lights and the muffled noise of traffic and early commotion in the city. The two of them just taking in each other's presence and enjoying the warmth of their hands intertwined.

The soft silence however was broken by Harley speaking up.

"Say darlin'.. when do you think you'll tell your dads about us?"

Peter froze and turned to him. It was too much. He had just come out to his family, not even everyone yet. He wanted to give his family time to get adjusted. It was too much. The wind started to blow a bit and Peter started to get cold. He slightly shivered, to which Harley simply pulled him into a warm embrace.

"Forget I asked. The Old Man is too busy with you, I can wait."

They checked the time and saw it was already 11 A.M. so they decided to head back. However, when they made their way back into the tower they saw all the Avengers gathered. Seems like they finished that meeting. Everyone looked on edge.

"Hey, guys..." Peter spoke up, releasing Harley's hand.

"Peter, why aren't you at school?" Stephen spoke up. The tension was thick.

"Overslept," Peter responded simply. "Are you guys okay?" Everyone seemed to be stressed and in deep thought.

"I don't get it. What danger does he pose?" Tony started up.

"You do understand where he's coming from, right? Think about it, it would help us a lot if we had him on our side." Natasha spoke up, she started pacing the room.

"I swear to god, isn't he just a kid?" Clint said.

"We don't know that for sure. This guy could be dangerous." Now Steve spoke.

"What are you guys talking about?" Harley asked as he and Peter made their way near the kitchen counter, where the Avengers were all crowding around.

"Eyepatch wants us to capture Spider-Man."

"He didn't phrase it like that. He just wants us to get his identity and see if he will be willing to join us." Wanda corrected.

"And if he doesn't want to?" Peter asked. Now he was scared. No one knew he was Spider-Man. He's only told Ned and MJ just so happened to figure out. He had been doing this for two years and so far hadn't had any problems.

"Then we'll have to take him in by force." Bucky finished.

"So we drag The Man Of Spiders here, simple," Thor said as he snacked on some PopTarts. 

"We're not actually gonna do this, are we?" Bruce asked, worried. 

"If we don't, you know Fury will take this into his own hands," Clint replied. 

No one knew what to do, clearly. Peter just waved goodbye and ran to his room. Harley following, not wanting to get involved with whatever they were discussing. 

Peter was pacing back and forth. He was worried. He stared muttering nonsense under his breath. Breathe, he had to breathe. He had just heard that his family, the Avengers were gonna take him in, using force if he had to. 

Peter kept walking back and forth. He couldn't lose this. This, this was the one thing he had. The one thing he had to himself. The thing he didn't need to worry about the media, impressing his dad, or anyone. And now that was being threatened. He hadn't done anything wrong, had he? Enough to provoke Nick Fury? Surely not. 

All he did was the little guys. He didn't go out and fight aliens from the sky. What caught their attention? What did he do wrong?

"Darlin!" Harley called, snapping Peter out of his state. Peter hadn't even noticed he'd been anxiously pacing again. 

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

Should he tell him? It would only put Harley at risk. God Peter wasn't thinking straight. He shouldn't even be considering it. It's called a secret identity for a reason. But he shouldn't keep secrets. Especially not from Harley. And now Nick Fury and the Avengers were after him. He couldn't fight Nick Fury! 

"Peter! Are you worried for Spider-Man?"

He nodded his head rapidly. He needed a break. 

"He'll be okay. I don't think the Avengers will hurt him." 

"They might not, but Nick Fury will." 

Harley stayed quiet for a few seconds, considering his next words. 

"Let's watch a movie, help take your mind off things." 

Peter and Harley crowed onto Peter's bed and put on some movie, Peter wasn't really paying attention. 

This was gonna be interesting.