| 37 | The Land of Dignity & Duty ||

"Absorbing these three smaller companies will increase your profits 150%."

" Why these companies? They're specks." Fred, Liam's stubborn client, pointed his pen at the screen.

"That's what it would appear, but all three of them have a massive online presence. If we look at their net profit deltas and not their revenue, we'll see the percent increase over the last five years in substantial."

"Beginner's luck."

"That's what we thought at first." He clicked to the final slide in his presentation. "The data, however, is telling us that their financial success is directly linked with strategic virtual social media campaigns." He sat the clicker on the table and leaned on the surface. "How about this. I will leave you with the report and we can connect tomorrow morning." Liam hoped he'd be able to get back to L.A. That afternoon, alas, Fred had to be Fred.

The man nodded and took the folders Morgan placed on the glass table in front of him. The man smiled up at her allowing his gaze to linger longer than he'd permitted throughout the entire day.

Was it low? Perhaps, but Liam picked up, some time back, that the stubborn man found Morgan attractive. The cold hard truth was, he'd been nursing this account for too long and needed to lock it down.

"I'll look over the information and get back to you on it."

"That's fair." Liam said, trying to keep up the facade of jovial energy. He was itching to get back home. "Meeting first thing in the morning?"

The man nodded. "I'll have Janet contact Morgan." Another lingering gaze before he brought a lippy smile to Liam.

The meeting ended and everyone made their way out of the large conference room with a beautiful bay view on the top floor of a building in the business district in San Francisco. It truly was a fetching city. He was disappointed that Penelope opted out.

While picking up papers, from the table, he glanced up and saw Fred, handing something to Morgan. She looked down at his offering and straightened up even more, which Liam didn't think was possible. She clasped her hands behind her back and said something Liam couldn't hear with the distance, with her steady, sure, unchanging facial expression.

Liam pretended he was working at his task, but really he was focused on the exchange several feet away. Fred kept talking but didn't retract his offer.

Liam didn't tell Morgan his tactics, of course, because that would have been wrong.

Come on Morgan, take whatever he's handing you. He mumbled in his head.

Morgan looked down at the offering again, unclasped her hands and took what looked to be a piece of paper before presenting a strained smile. Which, if he didn't know Morgan, he would have said it was a snear.

That seemed to be enough for Fred because he smiled wholeheartedly and left the room. Liam quickly turned his focus on his task when Morgan started walking toward him.

"You don't have to do that. I would have taken care of it. That is my job." She drawled, approaching him.

"I know. I just thought I'd help."

"Mr. Monty wants to set up a dinner for the four of us."

He frowned. "Four of us?"

"Yes, sir. You, your wife, him and," she cleared her throat politely. "And me, sir."

Liam held back the smile. "Oh," he hoped he sounded surprised enough. If he didn't Morgan didn't let on. She kept her expression passive. "Ok, well. My wife is out of town for a few more weeks."