| 7 | Marshmallows & Poolside Chats ||

Liam knocked on the open bedroom door before he walked in. He saw Frida come in several minutes ago. He left some time for her to settle in. There was nowhere for him to escape off to at the moment. No way for him to get out of what was coming the following day. It felt so rigid, so planned, so scripted. Burdensome in the weight of it.

He sighed.

"What's the matter with you. Anyone looking at you would guess someone drowned your puppy or something."

He frowned up at his wife. "We don't have a puppy, unless you got one while I was gone."

She laughed. "Of course not. I wouldn't be stuck here day and night caring for a dog while you're away for weeks on end."

"What do you think is going to happen when the baby comes?"

She brought her intense focus to him rather than on whatever she was doing on the bed. "We're going to hire a nanny of course." She made a strange noise that might be described as a laugh. "I couldn't see you being home more and if you think you're going to work my tongue out raising this kid on my own you're mistaken."

"You were the one who wanted the kid, not me."

She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "We, Liam, are a couple. We do things together. We're making this baby, therefore, we're responsible for taking care of it. We, that's what marriage means isn't it?"

He exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Don't you even think about pussying out on this one."

"Frida, listen. There are other ways that are safe and can--"

"NO! Ugh!" She grabbed some items and stormed into the adjacent bathroom. "This is so typical of you, Liam!" She shouted, peeking her head back in the bedroom. "When I need you, actually need you. In this case, I literally NEED you. If I had my own cock, I would fuck her myself!"

"Frida--"

"You're going to try to back out, to flake? So predictable."

"Freed--"

"What? What excuse are you going to come up with next?"

"They can take my sperm and, you know, put it in her. It's just so personal having sex with her, don't you think? Plus she-- she's a virgin."

"No, I don't think."

Of course she didn't. Sex was just sex to Frida.

"Think of it as a job for you. You're good at working. It's time to put in some work, to punch the clock." She walked back into the bedroom and grabbed some more things. "And, does it really matter that she's a virgin?" She rolled her eyes. "Lord knows I don't remember my first time. Probably grateful for the memory loss."

"You didn't wait twenty-five years to lose your virginity either." He mumbled, but it was loud enough for her to hear.

She paused at her task and looked at him. "It shouldn't matter. It has to go sometime."

He wasn't surprised at Frida's logic. That was one thing about his wife. She always made sure things that she was after made perfect sense in her head. That way, she could argue you to the ground until she ultimately won. He just wasn't sure how he was going to pull this off without giving too much.

"Of course it matters, Frida! I didn't even take your virginity, damn it!" He felt himself losing something. What that something was, he wasn't completely sure. "Frida, please, I'm begging you."

The woman rolled her eyes and disappeared in the bathroom. "Oh do stop with all the dramatics. She is old enough to know what she's getting into as are we. You agreed on this course of action and you're going to follow through" She strolled back in the room and unzipped a bag that had a white dress in it. "Man the fuck up, Liam! It's time for you to do your part." She lifted the dress up on its hanger moving the bag away from it before she hooked it on the back of the bathroom door.