4

"I should've never went into his mind like that... Now I can't stop thinking about everything he's been through... I know a lot of the times we in the league, and those in the world of magic often look down on the lives of normal people not thinking about them... Especially the soldiers, honestly me myself never really though much about what they go through til I peaked into (Y/N)'s mind... All that death, carnage, the violence... I know criminals do some very questionable things but its scary to think about how they were once normal people and what I saw from (Y/N)'s mind the level of violence America's enemies displayed to our (Y/N)'s classmates his fellow soldiers and American hostages... It's frightening... I'm glad I don't have to worry about those... Magical threats are simple enough when it comes to those that go after their own goals... Plus when the magic threats targets the civilians it usually reversible... But the things non magical threats do to innocents... Is usually irreversible."

"Hey Zatanna is something bothering you?" Hal Jordan asked the magic user as she sat down in the watch tower's cafeteria looking at the window.

"Hm? Oh hey Hal... Hey can I ask you something?"

"Sure what's up?"

"Your a US pilot correct?"

"Technically I'm a test pilot for the US military... Why do you ask?"

"Well either way I was thinking about a friend I made recently and... I got curious and took a peek into his memories... They weren't all pleasant..."

"Hey Are where are you getting at?"

"Do you think we the leaguers have more problems than say... Soldiers or the innocents we protect?"

"That's a fair question. But truth be told I wouldn't know... I've stopped wars from happening countless of times in different systems but because of this ring. Though everyone has their own sets of problems they go through."

"Huh ok... Thanks Hal."

"No problem Zee." Hal said leaving the cafeteria.

"Why am I starting to be concerned about all of this?... I wonder how (Y/N)'s doing right now... Let's see... I should call him... Wait he doesn't have a phone... I'll find out later... I don't want to keep invading his privacy without him knowing."

"Hey Zee I saw your performance you did the other night who's that cute assistant you picked up?" Stargirl asked joining her at the table.

"Oh boy..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So these busescan take across the city?"

"Yep of course there are many different bus routes you have to take to get to certain places. And if you don't know where your going then your in for a lot of trouble." Jimmy said as he gave the vet a pamphlet.

"So these are the different routes?"

"Yup and the bus numbers and the times... Though its Gotham... The buses are always late."

"Yup."

"Ain't that the truth?" Random people said agreeing with Jimmy as they all sat in the bus heading downtown.

"And you do this every day?"

"Monday through Friday. And it especially gets bad with traffic of course you can always take a train however buses have more direct stops so it's better to take buses when a train over shoots your stop plus passes for trains are more expensive than bus passes."

"I see... Hey I'm I the only who notices why everyone is so tense right now?"

"Oh that's right your new here... Its Monday... Not only are we all dreading to go to work... Gotham has a reputation of new shit happening every week... And its the third week of the month."