6

"So your saying that the shooter you saw was a Russian Man mid forties, and had an AKS Seven Four?" Batman asked the vet who was sitting on the wet hood of a police car after he had been patched up.

"That's about it... The Italians here came at me for stopping them harass Sloven and then out of nowhere the Russian drives by killing two of them... But I know they weren't their targets."

"I highly doubt that. After all the Russian gang have been smuggling and stealing weapons from the Mafia and even the Black Mask. And the Red Saturn Sedan fits the cars they use."

"Well then I'll leave it to you then "Detective"! Because I know I saw him stare solely at me."

"Tell Amanda Waller I said Hi. Captain Dolion." Batman said glaring at the vet as he returned the gesture.

"I'll be sure to tell her Batman."

"Oh boy... Hey (Y/N) c'mon let's go get your stuff." Zatanna said going in between the Vet and the Bat.

"Yea ok... Well good luck Batman keep up the... Work." The Vet said walking with Zee to his room.

"I'm so sorry you had to experience that (Y/N)... (Y/N)?" Zatanna looked at her friend for he seemed deep in thought.

"The Italians weren't much of a threat... But that Russian was using a military model AKS seventy-four with a reinforced barrel for added stability perfect for high speed movement such as doing a drive by on a car... That shooter must've been tasked to kill me, I'm going to have to hu-"

"Poke."

"Ow! Really Zee?" The vet said holding his arm that had bandages on it which Zatanna playfully poked to get him out of his focus.

"Sorry I had to get your attention... (Y/N) did you want any help?"

"Nah I'm fine... I dont have much so I can handle it."

"(Y/N)..." Zatanna looked at him crossing her arms giving him a slight pout face puffing one of her cheeks.

"Trust me I'll be fine."

"Ugh... Fine but if I see you struggling then I'm forcing you to let me help you."

"Heh ok that's fine." The vet smiled as the two entered his room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn it that American slipped away!"

"We'll get him next time Kovolo."

"Next time is the problem... He'll be ready for us... Now get away from the car we'll have to get rid of it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is your place Zee?" The Vet asked looking around the two floor condo as it had multiple shelves with books and random items on them, a very nice kitchen set that had seemed to have fine untouched, a classic living room with a couch and fifty-five inch tv, with a spiral stair going up to two rooms one opened showing a queen sized bed with a beautiful view of the city, and the other room blacked out clearly blocked off that the veteran thought was for Zatanna's privacy but didn't want to pry.

"Yup... I don't have another bed but the couch should be big enough... I hope..." Zatanna said putting one of his bags down since she took it from him along the way.

"This should be fine... But are you sure your comfortable with me being here? I mean me a guy and you a young woman alone he-Ow again?!" The Vet asled holding his bandaged arm Zee had flicked.

"I already told you soldier boy that It's fine for you to bunk with me at my place! Stop second guessing it... Besides... I've been enjoying your company as of late my assistant... This is the least I could do..." Zatanna said turning around to hide her blush.