Pacific Palms Resort

Bess's POV:-

" Oh Nancy, come on! Tell me, what shall I wear? "

But my words made no effect on Nancy, who kept on reading that stupid story book. I rolled my eyes.

My next target was my cousin George, who shook her head even before I opened my mouth and said, " Keep me outta this. I am a tomboy, remember? So how can I suggest something for an elegant lady like you, to wear? "

Oh God! These two never helped me in choosing a perfect dress. It was not like it was too difficult! Okay fine.... I might or might not have rejected twenty four dresses chosen by them one time, but it was just One Time!!

Helplessly, I bent down over my suitcase to choose a dress, while George rushed into the bathroom to get ready. On the other hand, Nancy had not even got up from the bed, leave alone the book in her hand. I shook my head at her antics and continued unpacking and choosing a suitable dress.

As we went down to have our breakfast in the restaurant, I noticed two men standing at a corner and talking between themselves.

My my, weren't they quite the charmer!

Deep blue eyes, thick black hair, strong build body, 6 feet 5 inches tall, having a cute smile, and a sweet face. He was one of the men, perhaps the cuter one between the two. The other one was much older than his pal( but he was definitely not old, perhaps around his middle age). He had emerald green eyes, thick brown hair, rather slim, perhaps 6 feet tall or something.

I noticed they were staring at me and George, causing my cheeks ro redden. We practically ran from there to catch up with Nancy, who was already inside the restaurant by that time.

After we had our breakfast, we all piled in different cars. I, Nancy, George, Ms Rose, those two men, handsome, might I add, whom I had seen talking outside the restaurant piled in a BMW. The rest
of the fourteen members piled in other two Mercedes.

It was a wonderful journey. The scenery was awesome, with cool breezes kissing our faces. The winter-atmosphere contributed much more to our enjoyment.

George was snapping pictures of the scenery with her camera, I peeped my face out of the window to experience the wonderful sights. Nancy, on the other hand, grew tired of watching the sceneries and started reading her story book. Those two young men kept chatting among themselves, occasionally glancing over at us, while Ms. Rose continued giving directions to the driver.

We reached our hotel, Pacific Palms Resort, a magnificent one, within an hour. The other cars had not arrived yet.

" So we have some time for ourselves" I thought. We stretched our limbs as soon as we got out of the car. Whew! It was a really tiring journey!

" Wow! This is beautiful! " George exclaimed. " What do you think, Nancy? Isn't it beautiful? Nancy?! ..... Hey, Nancy?! " But our dear sleuth friend Nancy was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is she?" I asked to no one in particular. Just then, I spotted her wandering about, some miles away from us, in the garden of our hotel, Pacific Palms Resort. It was sort of nearly deserted at that corner, but neither me nor George could make out what Nancy was doing there.

As we approached her, and I put my hand on her shoulder, she almost leapt. "Oh my gosh! You nearly frightened me! What's the matter? " She asked.

George huffed, " Girl, you're the one who frightened us! What do you think you're doing here? " Nancy frowned in confusion before she let out a low chuckle. "Oh, it was nothing. I saw a beautiful humming bird, so I followed it and ended up here. Is it still...... Uh oh..... It's gone. Make more noises, both of you, will you? Frighten all the other birds, please. " She replied sarcastically.

George and I rolled our eyes, following her with a faint smile of amusement coating our lips. What a girl!
*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*