A Happy Ending

Frank:-

" Nancy, what's wrong? Are you alright? You are acting..... odd. " I commented when I saw Nancy enter the room with tears brimming down her eyes. She flung herself on me and started crying. " What is it? Is something wrong? Tell me, Nancy. " I said once more. She pulled away and looked at me. Her eyes were red and they eyes were moist. " Y-yeah, I'm f-fine." She replied between sobs. " No you are not. " I firmly stated. She glanced at the room. No one was there. " Wh-where are the o-others? " She asked. " Those hungry sharks went for dinner. I stayed back for you. Where did you go Nancy? We were so worried for you. And what happened to you? Why are you crying? "

And then she told me everything about her day's work. She had indeed done an excellent job. But one last piece didn't fit. Thankfully, Nancy explained that too. " T-the of-officer asked about my m-mom. Dont th-think wrong b-but I was so b-broken at the men-mention of her n-name." I stroked her hair. I knew about her mom. Nancy and I had known each other seen childhood, and hence were very good friends. When Nancy's mom died 10 years ago, Nancy was the one whose heart got shattered the most.

After about 20 mins of consoling, Nancy finally left for the bathroom. " Oh Frank, I haven't eaten anything. I hope you haven't too. So i'm hungry, but tired too. So why not order the food in the room itself? " She asked. I smiled and agreed. " Sounds good. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Hello, Miss Drew. Everything ready? " An officer asked as they entered the hotel. We were all instructed to meet at the hall at exactly 5pm. All includes Mr. Maxwell, Joe and I, Bess, George, Ned, Dave, Burt. " Yes sir. And if I must, their room is on the third floor and Ms. Rose is in the second. And as for that poor fellow, he is locked up in the wardrobe of the Hardy Brother's room. " The officer nodded as five officers ran up the stairs. Nancy told that today the 'climax' part was to be solved and the gulty were to be arrested.

Within a minute, three officers came down bringing those two men we came to know as Chris and Blake. Another one brought Cren and yet another held Ms. Rose. She was constantly shouting at them. " Leave me, what are you doing? I say, LEAVE ME! "

After about 20 mins, we all sat in a circle, while the police officers stood at one corner. Nancy walked into the middle and spoke. " As you all know, there had been a death of an Indian boy known as Advik Das. Well, it was a murder, I hate to admit. Now, I want all of your co operation while I speak. One sound from anyone, and the prison shall be waiting for you. Clear, I hope? " We all nodded as I felt a knot in my stomach. I couldn't wait to hear the end of this tiresome cass from Nancy's mouth.

" Alright. So at first, let me tell that Advik and Ms. Rose were in a relationship and they were going to marry after a month, to which Advik highly rejected. On the day of the murder, I found a diary on a table in his room. They had some mysterious sentences or better to say clues in them. Well, I don't want to go in much details of OUR way of investigation, but I must say that the culprit are many. Four, to be exact. " Nancy took a break in which I could see Blake and Chris stirring and Ms. Rose wiping sweat from her forehead.  Nancy showed some picture from her mobile to the officer and said, " Chris and Blake here are basically drugguists. I seek for the pleasure of two of you, policemen to go to their room and  bring their suitcases. "

As the suitcases were brought, 'oohs' escaped from everyone's lips as the drugs came into view. Nancy smirked and continued. " Now, let the game begin. Chris and Blake were saying something to them on the day of the incident, which Advik overhead and unfortunately, they noticed him. Of course they wouldn't want him to know their ideas and secrets, so they decided upon killing him. Advik escaped for the time being and wrote down clues so that someone might find out how he died. But as we all know, the murder took place and the clues remained the only hope. "

" LIE! IT'S A LIE! WE DIDN'T KILL HIM, WE CAN NEVER WANT SOMEONE DEAD. WE.... " Blake began, but received a heavy punch in the stomach by one of the policemen, which quietened him. Nancy took no notice of him and continued, " On the other hand, Ms. Rose wanted to marry Advik for other reasons. For theft. Theft of a precious possession of Advik which could bring her enormous fortune. " Before Ms. Rose could protest, Nancy handed the policemen the recording of Ms. Rose and Cren's chat that day in the restaurant. The police listened to it carefully and handed the phone back. The officer spoke, " I see Miss, that these two men have killed the poor child. Also, this lady was after the boy's precious possession. But what's the link? " Nancy smiled. " Patience, officer. Patience. "

" Well, before I start, I might ask you Ms. Emily Rose, whether you would like to tell it to them yourself? " Nancy asked, turning towards Ms. Rose. I never knew her first name was Emily. Anyways, the lady looked shaken by it and began sobbing. " Believe me, I didn't do it intentionally. I just wanted money and..... him..... But h-he was..... " Ms. Rose broke down completely. Nancy continued. " Alright. Enough for your to confess. Let me tell it, then. Ms. Rose had initially asked Advik for the precious thing, which is an idol of a Hindu God. But of course, he refused. And that maddened Ms. Rose. So she took help of Blake and Cris, her best friends from college and asked them to kill him.

But who kills someone without motive? These two bastards at first were not so willing, though they wanted to steal the idol themselves, but when they found the poor boy evasdroping, they gave it a shot. And you see, Ms. Rose had asked Cren to hide it safely, to which he failed. Apparently, he was to get a share from Ms. Rose for the job, but to no avail. Anyways, the bastards, Cren and Ms. Rose hooked up well and after the murder, Ms. Rose stole the idol. "

The officer walked up to them and asked, " Is it all true? " Blake and Chris were constantly defending themselves but Ms. Rose silently nodded while sobbing. The officer looked delighted. " Well, gentlemen, or should I even call you gentle? You two are arrested for murder and incontinent usage of illegal drugs, while Cren and Ms. Rose, you are arrested for theft. " Ms. Rose looked taken aback at first, but then shouted, " Wait! I can't find the idol anywhere now, I have searched everywhere. but it's nowhere. Where is it? I know perfectly well where I hid it. "

Nancy's lips curved up. " Looks like Nancy Drew beat you to it. Well, I guessed you and Cren were going to sneak out in the afternoon and sell it in the market. So I had it safely hidden...... with me. " And with that, Nancy took out a golden statue from her bag, while the room exploded in 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

                                         THE END

Note:- Well, that's probably the longest chapter I've written. But don't worry, there's an epilouge coming out soon, but not anytime soon. So you have to deal with this initial end of the story. Till then...... BYE!!!
Oh, and don't forget to vote and comment..... Have a good day/night! 😃🙂😉