The Chit of Paper

Nancy:-

" Hey, are you two ready? " I asked Bess and George as they approached from the washroom, dressed up as elegant ladies. They nodded before George quipped, " Nancy, I don't know how you'll solve this case, but...... all I can say is that don't put yourself in danger. " Well, That was sweet. I smiled and replied, " Don't worry George, I'll be alright and I can feel the end coming up soon. " Just then, Dave and Burt entered the room, accompanied by Ned Frank and Joe. " You'll ready guys? " I asked to get a nod in reply from all of them.

It was ten past eight. Bess, George, Dave and Burt were already gone and Ned, Frank Joe and I were left. " Ned, let's go! " I said as soon as it became fifteen past eight. He nodded before I turned towards Frank and Joe and said, " Both of you, try to solve the other clues till we return. "

As we headed towards room no 137, which was Ms. Rose's room, I noticed some blankets kept outside for laundry in a corner. An excellent idea popped up in my head. Ned, you go, hide. Leave me alone. Go, fast! " I said to Ned, who looked perplexed, but obeyed and walked across the hallway casually as if he didn't know me. I wrapped one of the blankets over me, covering my body fully just before a lady room cleaner came by. " Umm.. Excuse me, I've locked myself out. Could you please let me in? " I asked the lady. She smiled and replied, " Of course, ma'am. Just a minute. " She fidgeted with the keys for sometime before opening the door and wishing me a good day. I closed it as soon as she had gone and Ned had entered without anyone's notice.

" That was quite impressive! " Ned said looking at me. I grinned. " Listen, search each and every corner. Don't leave anything. You search the right side and I'll be searching the left one. " I said to Ned. He nodded and we started searching for anything suspicious.

Almost half an hour had passed by, still we were searching and searching without finding anything suspicious. As I was thinking to give up, Ned called me. " Nan, I don't know whether it might be of any help, still it may seem suspicious. " I ran towards him with a small hope of finding something interesting............ only to find it another clue!

It was a small chit of paper. On it was written in an outstanding handwriting, " Cren at 10:00pm, Cima Restaurant, 28th January. "

"Where did you find this? I asked Ned, who pointed at the bottom of an almirah. " Do you think it could be of any use? " He asked me to which I shrugged before saying, " You remember hearing about this Cren? Those two men were also talking about him! Wait, could that mean? But....Well, Perhaps Ms. Rose has an appointment with this Cren person at 10:00pm in the Cima Restaurant? Hey, look! The date is 28th Jan.......which is today! " Ned looked at me with wide eyes. Perhaps he was also thinking the same thing as I was..... Hmm.....Another suspect to add to the list.......