The Disguise

Frank:-

" Joe, you ready? " I asked, to get a nodd in a reply. " Let's go then. " It was seven in the morning, the ideal time to carry on with our work. We went out of our room and strolled in the balcony. We had to wait, for a room cleaner to pass, else we would ve unable to get our disguises. " Hey, move your eyes to the right. Do you see him? " Joe asked in a whisper. I looked sideways to my right and understood what Joe was talking about. A room cleaner was passing by, carrying a mop and a bucket. I looked at Joe, who nodded at me, and went towards him while I rushed into our room and spilled water on the floor. I could hear Joe talking to the cleaner.
Joe: " Excuse me, sir. Could you please come to our room? "
Room Cleaner: " Yes sir, what's it to be cleaned? "
Joe: " Err... There's umm... Water on the floor. "
Room Cleaner: " Right sir, I'm coming. "

As soon as the room cleaner entered our room, Joe bolted the door. " I'm sorry, sir. But we have to do this for everyone's sake. " Was the last word he heard from me before I punched him hard on the face and he fell with a THUMP on the ground. " Quick, grab his clothes. Joe said to me. It was decided that I'll dress as the cleaner and enter Advik's room, while Joe'll stroll outside.

As it was decided, I dressed up as the cleaner and went to room no 346 (Advik's room) while Joe stayed behind saying, " You go first, I'll go later on. Else it'll look fishy. " It was 7:12 am, and the hallway was completely empty. I quietly entered the room. Luckily, the door was not bolted, but as I went in, I bolted it. The body had been taken, but as Nancy described, there was blood all over the table. I went and searched his drawers. They opened and closed..... Opened and closed....... But there were no files to be found. Had the police taken them? Just as I turned to check the wardrobe, I noticed a small drawer at the very end of the table. I opened it and found six files. I took them, folded them and put in my breast pocket.

Just then, I noticed a small earring in the drawer. It was a blue coloured, sweet earring. I had seen it somewhere before....... But where? Where, where, where? Oh yes! It came to me. It belonged to the prettiest girl I had ever met- Nancy. Seeing the earring, my thoughts diverted. Nancy....... How beautiful she was, how lively and joyful she was.......

As I was thinking all these, there was a tiny knock on the door. " Hey, are you done? It's already 7.40! The girls would be waiting by now. Besides, the hallway is now almost empty. ALMOST I said. There are some people strolling here. Hurry up! " Hearing these, I turned around and opened the door cautiously, giving a last look at the room. There was no point of investigating any more, since I had complete faith in Nancy and her excellent capability as a sleuth. I went out cooly, giving a look of 'come on' to Joe, as I rushed towards our room, followed by my dear brother.

As we entered our room, the room cleaner rushed towards us, grabbing my throat. " Who are youyou?  Robbers? Shall I call the police? " I laughed. " We are not robbers, but the grandparents of any police. " Joe looked at me with a look of 'what nonsense' before he added. " We are detectives and are currently working on a case. Now, leave him if you don't want to spend a year behind the bars. " At these words, he left me and I cupped my throat. Ouch! He had a really strong grip, too strong to kill a man!

The funniest part was when I opened the dresses and before I could hand them to the room cleaner, he snatched it away from me, muttering " My precious dress..... Gosh it's so dirty..... These idiots..... " As he left the room throwing a disgusted look to us, I burst out laughing, unable to control my laughter. Joe joined me too. It was really very thrilling and funny. We were sure he won't tell any of this to anyone, since Joe had paid him a handsome amount.

As we ran down the stairs towards the restaurant to have our breakfast and meet the girls, carrying the files, I couldn't help but wish to put on disguises once more and investigate. It's really exciting and thrilling and I loved it. " What do you think the girls would tell, after hearing the condition of the room cleaner? " Joe asked. I looked at him, grinned and answered, " Burst out laughing, of course! "