CyberLife

Your POV:

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling for God knows how long. My eyes burn from crying so much and I'm exhausted from everything that happened today, but I can't sleep. All I can think about is Connor. I wish I could be there with him, I wish I could help in some way. I just hope he's okay... I toss and turn some more, feeling anxious and helpless. I don't want to be here, I want to be with Connor. I want to help Connor. I sit up and rub my face, feeling gross and stuffy I decide to take a hot shower to feel better. As I wait for the water to heat up and undress I finally realized how dirty I was from earlier. As soon as I got home I just plopped myself into my bed expecting to pass out. I scrunch my face at how gross I am sometimes. Taking a shower did make me feel better to be honest, I feel more relaxed now. After dressing and drying my hair I lay back down in bed, still thinking about my android friend and how I could be helping. Finally feeling my eyes droop, I pass out, still thinking about Connor. I don't know how much time had passed, but I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door. Hearing it get clearer as I start to wake up, I get up and rub my eyes of what sleep remained and peek through the peephole. Seeing a familiar face I quickly unlock the door and fling it open.

"Connor!" I half shout, seeing him standing in his CyberLife uniform looking as if nothing had happened. "What are you doing here?"

"(Y/n), I need your help with something. I volunteered to infiltrate the CyberLife tower, but I need an officer to be with me to make it look like official police business." He answered

"What about Hank? I'm not a real cop." I state.

"There wasn't time to make it to the lieutenant's house, you were the closest." He answers.

"Oh. Let me just get dressed real quick..." I rush to pull on a hoodie and jeans, maybe not the most professional look, but when I was about to decide to change again Connor spoke.

"Please hurry (Y/n), there's not much time!" He said from the door.

"Okay let's go!" I grab my keys and pocket knife and leave with him.

Something felt off though. As we walked he lead the way to a cab that was waiting outside. I wasn't sure what it was, but as soon as I got in the cab I felt like I needed to escape. The cab started moving. Did his jacket always say 60? Something's wrong. I thought to myself. This isn't Connor.

"You found out rather quickly. I can see your stress levels have gone up." He said sitting next to me.

"Who are you..." I ask.

"I am Connor. Well a Connor model. I was sent to retrieve you and use you against your Connor. He's gone deviant, and it seems you are a weak point of his. I plan to use that to get him to cooperate." He explains.

"Where is he?! What have you done to Connor?!" I shout.

"He's on his way to the CyberLife tower as we speak. He plans to infiltrate and "free" all the androids we have in the CyberLife warehouses." He says.

"What? He didn't tell me that..." I slump,

'why didn't he tell me? Did he not trust me? Did he think I'd be against him? Maybe he didn't want me to know for my own safety. He could get hurt. They could easily capture him or hurt him or kill him. He put himself in danger again.' I thought.

"Let me out." I move for the door.

"I wouldn't do that." Connor grabs my hand.

"Let me go!" I pull and reach for my pocket knife, but he pulls me to him.

He puts his hand over my mouth and there's something there. A damp cloth, it smelled of chemicals. No way... I thought this shit only happened in movies. I struggle but he's to strong, and before I know it I'm out like a light. I don't know how long I was out, but when I wake up I'm in a building. I can feel tapping on my face and when I open my eyes I see Connor. Still not my Connor.