Feelings?

Your POV:

I lean against the cold railing in the park. Crossing my arms and resting my head, I sigh and leave a cloud that disappears into the night. Finally focusing my attention to the view in front of me helped me ease my mind. It was beautiful, the city at night. It look peaceful from a distance, and the river reflected all the lights. The sprinkles of light in the water danced wonderfully as the river flowed. Ever since I came too I've been thinking about the Tracis that ran off. It made me sad in a way. They just wanted to be together, was that so wrong? What right did we have to try and stop them. It really did seem like they were in love. I hear footsteps approaching, and turn my head to look over my shoulder. Connor finally got out of the car and stood next to Hank, who sat on the top of the bench drinking his bitter booze. I turn my attention back to the scenery in front of me. I listen carefully to their conversation.

"Nice view, huh? I used to come here a lot before..." Hank stops his sentence and takes a sip of his beer. Its silent after that.

Connor turns his attention to Hank and breaks the silence. "Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?"

"Do all androids ask so many personal questions or is it just you?" Hank asks with a bit of irritation in his voice.

"Why are you so determined to kill yourself?" Connor asks,

I wince myself at this question, but curiosity got the best of me and I didn't interfere.

"Some things, I just can't forget... Whatever I do, they're always there... Eating away at me...I don't have the guts to pull the trigger... So, I kill myself a little everyday... That's probably difficult for you to understand, huh, Connor? Nothing very rational about it..." Hank explains, and takes a long sip of his beer.

It was heartbreaking to hear. To know that Hank struggles with so much, but still gets up in the morning and lives on. I admire that, yet I envy him at the same time. He may not know it and he may not want to believe it, but he is brave.

"Before, what?" Connor's voice breaks the silence again.

"Hm?" Hank acknowledges,

"You said "I used to come here a lot before". Before what?" He questions,

"Before..." There was a long pause before Hank continued, "before nothin'..."

I hear Connor's footsteps get closer and I glance back at him. He stops midway between me and Hank.

"We're not making any progress on this investigation... The deviants have nothing in common. They're all different models, produced at different times, in different places... " Connor sounded confused,

"Well, there must be some link." Hank comments.

"What they have in common is this obsession with rA9... It's almost like some kind of... myth. Something they invented that wasn't part of their original program... " Connor explains,

"Androids believing in God... Fuck, what's this world coming to?" Hank comments again and takes another long sip of his beverage.

"You seem preoccupied, Lieutenant... Is it something to do with what happened back at the Eden club?" Connor asks,

I turn my head in their direction and watch Connor approach Hank a bit. He's standing a couple feet away, Hank looks at him carefully before answering.

"Those two girls... They just wanted to be together... They really seemed in love..." Hank thought for a moment. The crazy old man read my mind...

"You seemed troubled, Lieutenant... I didn't think machines could have such an effect on you... " Connor said ironically, this took me by surprise.