CHAPTER 41.

AQUA'S POV:

I didn't realise i had spent the whole day binge wathcing series on Netflix. I got up from the couch and looked at the clock and noticed it was already six thirty. Quinton was supposed to be home by five which is weird.

I went to the kitchen where i had left my phone and called Quinton.

Voicemail, his phone is on voicemail.

I left the kitchen and went to the bedroom, i walked in the bathroom and took a very long shower. After 1 hour of showering i got out of the shower, dried up, put on body lotion and my PJ's.

I walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen to try and call him again. Voicemail.

I took a bottle of chardonnay and a glass. I sat on the couch and poured myself a glass. One glass turned into 10 glasses, then 12.

By the time eleven o'clock rolled in i was drinking a new bottle of red wine. 

I heard a car rolling into the drive way. Moments later, the front house door opened and closed and i heard his footsteps approaching.

"Where have you been?" I asked once he was in the living room.

"At work." He said sounding board.

"So you didn't think of calling to let me know you'd at least be home late?"

"Jeez. Don't make this a big deal. I'm home okay!!!!" He shouted.

"Quinton if you want to be a jerk then be one, but don't expect me to sit here and put up with it!!!" I shouted back.

I furiously walked back to the bedroom and locked myself inside. He can sleep in the guest room for all i care.

Fiveminutes later, i heard a number of knocks on the door. I got up and opened the door.

"What do yoh want?" I asked.

"To talk." He said.

"Okay." I opened the door and he walked in the room and sat on the bed.

" so talk." I said sitting next to him.

"I've been stressed with this new business deal and the hotel we're building in Dubai. I didn't mean to be a jerk. I'm sorry." He said.

I stood up and gave him a hug. I mean, he is working pretty hard on this hotel and others around the world.

"You should've said something." I said.

"I'm sorry. I really am." He said 

"It's okay. Let's just go to bed." I said.

He kissed me. I got into bed and i heard the shower running. I really have to sleep cause I'm getting started on this new Collection for Paris Fashion week. I have a long week ahead of me.

Moments later i felt the bed dip and Quinton pulled me closer to him.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" i said.

I guess not everything is meant to be perfect for us. That was my last thought as let sleep take over me.

................

NEXT CHAPTERS ARE GONNA BE FILLED WITH DRAMA FOR QUINTON.

PLEASE  FOLLOW THE NOVELS INSTAGRAM PAGE @THE_SURROGATE_1_2 ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE THIS STORY!!!

LOVE SARAH ❤