Chapter 05

Sakura didn't stay frozen for very long although in her head it felt like she was staring for hours.

She reacted quickly, breaking through the metal bars with her fist, not caring if she was using excessive strength. Sakura was undeniably angry, even if she weren't actually aware of it, well she was, but convinced herself in the few seconds she had, that if was at the fact that somebody could torture a human being so mercilessly.

Sakura didn't care in that moment that Sasuke Uchiha was the one in chains, the one covered in his own blood or the one that hurt her and became a criminal. She didn't even care that he had killed people and that almost anyone else in her position, save team Kakashi, would leave him there, to die. That wasn't Sakura, she didn't even have to think twice before she broke those bars because before all else, she was a medic and swore to treat and do her best to save anyone, friend, or foe but that didn't stop those menacing thoughts from clouding her better judgement.

The desperate pinkette lunged for the male, not knowing what she would do if he was dead. Sasuke was slumped against the wall, chained to it by his hands and feet, shirt stuck onto him in bits by dried blood and his hair alternated from deep blue to a raging crimson.

Sakura's hands shook as knelt in front of him not knowing what to do more or more specifically, where to start. Her breathing rapid, she dealt with the chains first, them not being much of a problem which just made her more confused about how Sasuke couldn't break out. When the body of Uchiha Sasuke was free from the chains, he fell to his knees but still leaning with his back against the wall he was chained to. Sakura instantly placed two fingers to his neck.

There's no heartbeat.

She checked again panicking, sweat visible on her face.

There's still no heartbeat.

Her breathing became faster than it ever was before as she almost crammed her fingers into his neck searching for a pulse.

Wait, is that it?

Sakura could feel a beat, granted an extremely faint one, he was barely alive, but it was there. She exhaled but wasted no time doing so because as soon as she felt that heartbeat, she hoisted the man to his feet, leaning his desecrated, cold body to her side whilst slinging his arm round her own neck.

The pinkette knew that she couldn't heal him down here, no- there was no way with him being covered in so much blood it would be impossible to locate all the wounds; she would need to take him to the lake by where she was camping and what happens after, she would deal with later.

Practically dragging this man was an easy feat for Sakura but she couldn't use any chakra-infused strength like she would usually do as she had decided to spare as much as possible, she would need it for later which made it considerably harder. Sasuke was no doubt, quite heavy, considering that he towered Sakura in height as far as she could tell.

The pinkette didn't know what to do, the journey from gate took her approximately two hours and that was only her estimation; she could've been here for far longer than that but Sasuke was losing blood, she couldn't afford to travel for very long. Sakura knew if she used up some off her strength, she could get them out relatively quickly, but the downside was, she didn't know how much she would be left with and if it would be enough to stop Sasuke from dying.

After considering her options for a minute and a half, the med nin decided to get them out as quickly as possible, figuring he would have a better chance of survival that way.

Hoisting the man up a little higher so his feet wouldn't touch the floor, she started running up the hallway of cells, faster than she had ever ran before though a little unbalanced at the newly added weight.