Chapter 07

When Sakura awoke, she had found that it was still dark meaning that she slept no more than a couple of hours but at that moment sleep had never been further from her.

Bluntly opening her eyes, she gave up trying to as it was evident, she would not be graced by slumber that night. She gave an inward groan as she sat up and massaging her pounding head.

She was going to stand up when the brooding figure of her former teammate walked into the room, clearly irritated.

"What's up with you?" Sakura questioned in a croaky morning voice.

He grunted in response still not wiping the scowl of his face.

"We're leaving, now." He told her before spinning round on his heel to exit.

"Wait-"

Sasuke stopped though not turning his head, waiting for her to speak.

"Where are we going?" Sakura in reality didn't care where they were going, she knew she would follow him to the ends of the Earth and back to fulfil her promise but still, a girl can't help but be curious.

He sighed, as if this were irrelevant and something she already should've known,

"Were going to find team Taka, I can't fight whoever took my eyes alone." Was all he said before leaving Sakura alone in the cave.

The pinkette was slightly hurt by the Uchiha's statement. If he thought he was alone, it must mean she didn't even count as a person to him. Nonetheless she ignored these thoughts, she ignored herself.

Just as the sun was coming up over the horizon line, Sakura was dressed and ready to leave when she heard Sasuke give a frustrated growl under his breath, quiet but, still, she heard it.

Popping her head out the entrance she looked to her right and saw the guy struggling to put his shoe on the right way and being unable to find the other. He froze as she witnessed this clearly sensing her.

"Go away Sakura." He said through gritted teeth.

"Is that how you ask for help," her sarcastic remark made a vein pop on his forehead as he scowled at her.

"I don't need your help, go away."

Sakura was pissed.

Who does he think he is!!? Bossing us around like he's in charge of us or something. He's more of a conceited brat than Ebisu.

"Look," she spoke slowly, pronouncing every syllable with audible annoyance and frustration, "I don't care if you think your too good for my help,"  she descended down to his level, never looking away, "I don't care if you think you don't need it because in actual fact you're the one who agreed to our agreement so you're going to suck up all you're arrogance, all your pride and your enormous ego," she was now leaning closer to his face, daring him to interrupt her, "You're going to shut up, not act like the pain in the ass, asshole you are, and let me help you."

She hissed her last words making sure Sasuke had understood every single one. They're faces were now an inch apart, both scowling at the other.

Finally, the boy grunted in defeat and proceeded to let her help him, all whilst the scowl never left.

Sakura snatched the shoe from his hand and strapped it on to his left foot; found the other and then that one to his right.

Sasuke hated feeling so incapable, having to rely on this girl so much but still the thought remained, she was now the third person who had ever managed to get him to listen like that. The first time was when Itachi had captured him in his Mangekyou and the second when Kakashi tied him up against a tree. All made possible because he was restrained but now, this pink haired, 16-year-old kunoichi had somehow won- just like that.