Chapter 13

Arrived at the Derby day, John Arthur Finn Ada and Isaiah have to take over the racetrack licenses of Darby and Michael and Thomas will create a diversion to distract the police from Thomas' actions. Polly and El have to distract Marshal Henry Russell by taking him to a private place.

Each group leaves in different directions.

"Polly, you don't have to come with me, go take care of the Marshal" "You can't do it alone". They enter a tent where there is a bar, approach it and order two drinks. When their drinks are served, Polly makes a small jump of surprise " El...I see them... " " What are they doing ? " " They are talking...oh wait, they are separating, one goes to the right and the other to the left " El turns around and nods to Polly to tell her to go to the right and she will go to the left. "El! no! not alone! "El doesn't listen to a word Polly says and goes left, Polly doesn't want to attract attention even more, so she goes right.

El walks straight ahead, trying to follow him, she doesn't see him anymore, she puts herself to one side on tiptoe, she sees him in the distance, follows him. She arrives in the changing rooms, he is there putting his hat away, then he turns around. "I knew someone was following me but I didn't think for a second that it would be you, miss! You're pretty tough compared to dearest Grace! " said the voice as he approached her. Without hesitating, El takes out of her pocket a gun " Don't come any close, Campbell " " oh oh oh you wouldn't dare, there are too many people, even if it's quite noisy, it will be a rather violent noise " " Stop talking " she says, pointing the gun even more at Campbell's forehead.

"EL NO DON'T DO THIS! "she hears footsteps coming into the locker room, she immediately recognises Thomas' voice. "I have to do this Tommy, this man killed Grace, took away my desire to be a mother one day !!! " " I know El, believe me I want him to suffer for having planned this attack...but it's too risky here, everyone will hear and I don't want you to be in jail ! " Thomas is trying to get close to her " No Thomas stay where you are " " Listen to her Shelby, she knows what she's doing ! mmhhh I understand why, you have good taste Shelby ! "Shut up, don't look at me like that, you pervert! " shouts El. She hears new footsteps coming into the locker room. "Thomas, your father has confessed to Polly and wants..." she recognises Michael's voice. "Your father's a coward but you already know that" laughs Campbell. "STOP LAUGHING, STOP ALL THE DRAMA, I KNOW YOU'RE SCARED THAT I WILL SHOOT YOU! " Campbell moves back as far as he can as Eleanor moves even closer to him without moving the gun from Campbell's forehead but a cupboard blocks him, he doesn't know how to move back any further. "El! Stop give me the gun please " she hadn't noticed that Michael was standing right next to her " I know how you feel, you will get your revenge but not today...give me the gun " Michael reaches for the gun " Michael, I have to do this...I...for Grace...For me... " she cries. Michael doesn't hesitate one more second and takes her hand and points it down to the ground, she puts her head on his shoulder " it's going to be ok..." says Michael.

A long moment of silence can be heard in the room until a thud can be heard. Campbell's body falls to the ground.

Good evening, well it was a pretty long time since the last chapter and i am so sorry !!! But here the chapter 13 ! Hope you will like it !!! xoxo