Chapter 3

The day after John and Esmee's wedding.

The sun rises over Birmingham, Eleanor is awakened by the daylight hitting her window. She tries to turn to the other side to go back to sleep. Something, or rather someone, is blocking her. It's Thomas. She looks at every part of his face that makes her so excited. She would never have thought that this kind of thing would happen again, she thought what happened last time would remain the very last time, especially after what happened... A movement brings her back from her thoughts.

Thomas gets up and starts to get dressed. No hello, not a glance.

You could have woken me up, I have to go see the boys about Mr. Kimber, I'm going to be late because of you, Thomas says before he walks through the bedroom door.

Nice, you know what Thomas next time don't drag me into bed if you're gonna leave like that again...

Thomas not answering her sentence, leaves the room.

Grrrhhh he drives me crazy this man yells El in her pillow.

After long minutes lying in bed, she decides to get up in her turn, do her hair and get dressed. She opens the door and hears voices downstairs. The boys are having their meeting.

We have to show Kimber who's boss here, says John with his glass of whiskey in one hand and his cigarette in the other.

That's why we need a plan, we need someone to stay with him, while we make our plan  hear El from Thomas' mouth.

She approaches the room, everyone is looking at her.

Why not El say Arthur while point her out to his brothers...

Jesus Arthur don't not counting on me, I don't want to get involved in your illegal affairs!

It's not a big deal El, it's just staying with him, making him laugh or dance, I don't know, you're a girl, you know how to do it  says John when he gets close to her.

I'm sorry, guys, but no, you're gonna have to find someone else, Eleanor said, taking her coat and her purse.

Thomas with his cigarette in his hand looks at her

Where do you think you're going?

I'm going to work.

You working on a Saturday?

No, I'm actually trying to figure out a way to stay away from you Thomas Shelby!  while ready to open the door.

She looks at everyone's surprised faces.

Don't make those faces, I work every Saturday, says El, smiling, then looks at Thomas, whatever it is, maybe it's to stay away from you, as she walks through the door and closes it behind her.

Whatever you've done Tommy, you're in deep shit says John as he drinks his whiskey.

Thomas doesn't pay attention to what his brother says, he smokes his cigarette and then drinks.

Well, I'll ask Grace about Kimber.

Eleanor's coming home from work with groceries for dinner tonight. She comes into the house, she hears voices, she drops off her groceries to take off her coat and purse.

You are still discussing your plan for Kimber, she says as she enters the kitchen.

She stops at the foot of the kitchen, unexpectedly from what she sees.

Then you're not happy to see me, my little darling.

She moves a little forward to put the groceries on the table, looks at the boys, Ada and Polly in shock.

Mr. Shelby, what are you doing here?

Am I not allowed to visit my family? He asks, he gets up from the table to approach her.

I am so happy to see you, you are absolutely beautiful and my greatest achievement he says, caressing her face.

She steps back slowly.

With all due respect Mr. Shelby, you have 5 children here, I'm not one of them, who are absolutely beautiful and successful, you should be happy for them and not for me.

He sighs and then goes back to his chair.

Well, what do you want? Money? If that's , so you should get out, says Thomas.

Mr. Shelby gets up, ready to go.

I only came here for you, so if you want to spend time with me, you know where to find me. He leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

Never thought I'd see him again, Eleanor says as she puts away the groceries.

Neither did we, and it was nice the way john said as he helped her put away her groceries.

Arthur John, We're going to get ready for tonight's plan.

Did you find someone for Kimber? Ask polly.

Grace says as he smokes his cigarette and looks for El's gaze.

Ah well, that's good, she'll be perfect, said El in a rather excessive tone.

Let's get the rest of the groceries packed up, Polly says. And be careful, don't forget that Kimber is a criminal gangster protected by the police.

Don't worry Polly we're the Peaky fucking Blinders says Arthur, grabbing his cap and putting it on his head.

Arthur and John are leaving to get the car ready. Thomas stands there looking out for a look from Eleanor but in vain, he finishes his glass of whiskey and leaves.

Hiieeeee, here CHAPTER 3 ! Hope you enjoy it ! :D 

I am sorry it's shorter than this others but it will worth it for the next chapter !!! 

So what do you think ? Even after their night together, they still have tensions between them.

 It will be better for them ? or it will be worse ? 

See you soon for the next Chapter ! Byeeeee xoxo