Chapter 7

After a few weeks of waking up from her coma, Eleanor was discharged from the hospital, unfortunately the hospital decided to fire her from her position as secretary because of her illness. Obviously she didn't tell anyone why she wasn't going to work there anymore. She simply told them that she was looking for another place to work. Since she came home, everything has been going well, no one suspects anything. She's staying home to recuperate the 5 lost months withKarl, whose godmother she's happy to be while Ada and Freddie are working. Polly has found her son, Michael, who was taken away from her when he was a child, Arthur takes care of the boxing business, John and Finn take care of the horse betting and Thomas has created his own business company, he even asked El to be his secretary, which she accepted. She started to be happy for the relationship between Thomas and Grace. Grace comes from time to time to help El at the company with the papers. Even though it seems unlikely for the two young women, they are beginning to get along like two good friends. But with her brain tumor El is starting to have memory loss for calculations, certain words and phrases, the doctors warned her that there would be a risk with her disease that her memory loss would diminish. One day at work, Thomas would recite a letter for her to write on the typewriter and she would forget the spelling of certain words. Thomas didn't seem to notice anything except Grace who had to intervene to write a few words.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, don't worry, I'm a little tired right now."

"are you sure?" by putting your hand on El's shoulder as a sign of friendship.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm fine."

"you know, we could have a little party at the Garrison one night? »

"Yes, why not?" she smiles.

It's the end of her working day, she heads for the hospital where she has an appointment.

"Thank you very much doctor," she says as she leaves the office.

"with pleasure, see you next week as agreed Miss Brown"

Eleanor turns around ready to leave, but she comes face to face with Michael.

"Michael, hi, what are you doing here?"

"I came to get some medicine. What are you doing here? »

"Oh nothing important, just an appointment to see if everything's ok"

"can we go back home together if you want? »

"agree with pleasure."

On the way home, they talk a lot, get to know each other. El learns a bit more about Michael, he studied at a good school, he's good at bookkeeping. She tells him that she could talk to Thomas to get him to join the company to help him with the paperwork. Knowing about her memory loss and if she were to die, she will know that Michael will still be there without Thomas being in trouble.

Arriving home.

"It was really nice talking to you El, I hope we can do this more often," he says with a wink.

"It will be a pleasure Michael," she says smiling and kissing him on the cheek.

"There you are! Let's get you dressed, we're going on a girls' night out! "says Polly.

"What's the occasion? »

"we deserve to have a night out, we work every day."

"you're not wrong"

"Ada and Grace will meet us at the Garrison."

"Great! "El gives Polly a hug, then goes upstairs to get dressed. Tonight's gonna make her feel better and take her mind off her illness.

***

The girls have been at the Garrison for a few hours enjoying every moment of this evening. Ada decides to leave to join Freddie and Karl at home. Polly decides to follow her. Grace and El decide to stay a little longer.

"you shouldn't drink so much in your condition" cares El.

"El, don't worry ! .......I have to tell you something, I went to the bank the day before yesterday and deposited some money for you." Eleanor spits out the drink she had in her mouth, shocked by Grace's sentence.

"Grace what? But why?"

" I've been asking michael to follow you for a while, I've been worried about you, you've been holding out on us. "

"but... that why he was there for earlier..."

"I know you're sick El... I've done some research and there's a way to remove your tumor, there's a specialist in the United States..."

"Grace no! Stop it! »

"but why not El, you would live! »

"Grace! I don't want your money! »

"it's too late, it's yours!

"No, I'll go to the bank tomorrow and give it back to you." El gets up and decides to leave. Grace follows her. They're in the street.

"El, please wait! I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to react like this."

"it's nothing but I want to give your money back, it should be for your baby and not for me"

"El listen... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh " Eleanor turns around after hearing Grace screaming. Someone is attacking her. She decides to help Grace but someone grabs her and pushes her against the wall. He stabs her in the stomach. She falls to the ground, she tries to get up to help Grace who is getting beaten up. She can't make it, but she tries until she makes it. She takes the knife that stabbed her, stabs the person in the back. Then she knocks the other person out.

"Grace? Grace? Please wake up."

Hiieeee here chapter 7 ! 

so what do you think ?  

see you soon xoxo