A Short Beach Trip

When we get to the dojo there is a sign on the door which is now covered by a board. 

No Afternoon Classes. If you are some of my students I advise you to Train on your own time. The Tournaments are coming up. You need all the training you can get

If you're anyone else come back tomorrow 

Sensei Kreese

"He wants us to train," Bobby says looking at the note. We all glance at him. Clearly he's planning something.

"But I think we should go get our bikes, take a drive. Relax and have a calm breather," Bobby suggests.

"Yeah. Can't fight well if we don't have a calm body and mind," Johnny adds. I nod liking it. Same with Tommy.

"Where did Jimmy and Dutch go?" I ask, realizing they went a different way. Then we notice them getting dropped off by Jimmy's mom. We wave and she drives off. 

"Why aren't you all inside yet?" Dutch asks.

"No class. Canceled today. We are thinking about going for a ride. You in?" Johnny asks them.

"Of course!" Jimmy says. I smile then go back to my car. 

"Right. I'll go to my place, drop off all my stuff, maybe change again, and then I'll drive to Johnny's and we can get the bikes," I say sitting in the drivers seat.

"Say can we all legally fit in your car?" Jimmy asks. I nod.

"Yeah. Three in front, three in back," I say raising an eyebrow.

"Why don't we go for a joyride with your car," Jimmy suggests. I nod and we all pile in. I'm driving, Johnny is beside me, Bobby on the passenger side, and then Jimmy, Tommy, and Dutch are in the back.

"I’m still going to head to my place first” I say before starting the car and driving off. I get to the complex and notice Daniel going through the gates. I turn to the others.

“Stay here,” I say, grabbing my bag then running to catch up with Daniel. 

“Hey Daniel,” I start softly. He just ignores me and goes into his apartment. I sigh and go into mine setting my bag in. I wish he would talk to me now. Then again he probably noticed me come with the others…

I decided to see if I have stuff so we could stay a little late and roast food. I change my mind remembering they’ll probably want to be home sooner. I simply grab a snack for us all then head back out. I lock the door and take a glance at Daniel’s door before heading back down. 

I toss some into the back and hand some to Johnny and Bobby. I sit down in the driver's seat and sight. 

"Why do people have to be complicated," I grumble. The guys all look at me.

"If it's LaRusso he ain't worth it Scar," Johnny mumbles with his mouthful. The guys all add some form of agreement.

"I'd like it better if he wasn't completely ignoring me. We could be rivals or anything but just completely ignored," I comment before turning on the tape I have in the car. Then I pull away as Jump by Van Halen starts. This is the newest tape I have. My mom always at least made sure she had money for a Van Halen tape. That was always a certainty. Our enjoyment of Van Halen.

I start to head out of town going towards the beach. When the guys expect me to stop I keep driving.

"Hey Where Ya Going!" Tommy shouts from the back to me.

"You'll see!" I say back. I see the small turn off and go down. This is a smaller beach area separated from the main. Much more private. I park at the end of the path and turn off the car.

"Woah! Was this always just off the beach?" Jimmy asks hopping out of the car. I nod and walk forward. I kick off my shoes reaching the sand. I hear them all follow. I feel arms wrap around me and lift me up for a second. Once back on my feet I turn to face a worried looking Johnny.

"I'm okay," I say softly, forcing a smile.

"No you aren't. Whats up?" Johnny asks. I move and sit in the sand back away from the water. I hear the guys all sit around me. Johnny's right close behind me, pulling me back to lean into his chest. 

"Everything is just getting to me. Losing mom. Losing a friend. Having Kreese look ready to kill me, school….Everything," I admit. They all share a mutual hum of it’ll be okay.

“Hey this isn’t like us at all,” Tommy comments. I raise an eyebrow. What is he getting at?

“Yeah we ain’t usually so calm and heart to heartful” Dutch points out. I nod understanding. We definitely aren’t usually a group to talk about feelings. 

“You are right. Why don’t we have some practice sparring in the sand,” I suggest.

“That is a terribly brilliant idea,” Bobby comments. We laugh and all stand up. We make a square in the sand and set up matches.

“Jimmy and Dutch!” I say choosing who goes first. They go in and Johnny starts them off. We laugh as sand gets kicked up as they spar seriously. Jimmy wins and then they decide me and Johnny need to spar. We smirk and head into the square. 

“So. I was thinking,” I start talking before Bobby gives us a starting cue. I dodge a punch from Johnny.

“About what?” Johnny asks me, dodging my kick.

“We’ve had what… Three dates now” I say catching his fist as he punches.

“Yeah,” Johnny says suddenly sweeping my leg but I catch his leg taking him down with me. The guys are watching us confused.

“Why are you talking so casually while fighting. It’s weird,” Jimmy points out while I jump back up to my feet. I let Johnny get to his feet and we get in a ready position. He looks at me expecting me to continue.

“Why haven’t you properly asked me to be your girlfriend yet?” I ask calmly. He falters and I sweep out his legs and kneel lightly on his chest as if I am going for a finishing move.

“Didn’t know I needed to. We kinda just fit in nicely,” Johnny points out flipping us over and smirking down at me. By now I think the guys have given up. I raise an eyebrow as he stands and offers me a hand. I take it and he pulls me up.

“Okay what just happened?” Bobby asks us. I  kiss Johnny’s cheek causing the others to groan, making Johnny and I pull away and laugh.

"It's called you can't have a solid relationship to understand," I tease, causing everyone to laugh. We then all do some more sparring and training. Practicing punches and kicks.