After Karate and Hearing Daniel

Daniels POV.

“What about the Karate place?” Mom asks me

“It sucks.” I say trying to ignore the fact that Scarlet's a part of it.

“Good. Cause we probably wouldn't be able to afford it. But don't tell Scarlet that it sucks” Mom says motioning to Scarlet walking this way on the crosswalk.

“Speaking of Scarlet. How's the girl situation?” Mom asks.

“It's okay” I lie to mom. I have my eye on Scarlet and her blond friend or ex friend ain't bad either.

“Just okay?” Mom asks then looks at me “To me it looks like the whole world turned blond. You got your eye on anybody?”

I avoid eye contact and glance outside of course this gives it away.

“Ohh… Cute?” Mom asks.

“Not Cute..I mean… She's beyond cute," I say.

“But she's blond, right” Mom asks me.

“No, she's got this perfect shade of black. Her blond friend isn't too bad either.” I regret saying the black hair thing. Mom has seen Scarlet. Mom gets called but asks another question. The moment she asks I know she knows its Scarlet but plays dumb anyway.

“Is she as pretty as Judy?” Mom asks.

“She buries Judy in a second” I say smiling a touch.

“She buries Judy? Okay Uh.. Tell me about it later. I love you. Careful how you ride home” Mom says and goes to do what she is supposed to.

“Smile, She's got an excellent smile. She's really smart. I'd say she's beautiful. I think she's beautiful. I think she's something else.She’s hot. Definitely hot” I say either talking to myself or that voice. My thoughts get interrupted by Scarlet sitting in front of me.

“Who's something else and hot now?” She asks.

“I uh.. Someone…” I say getting flustered. She caught me talking about her….

Scarlet's POV.

I giggle a little bit at how flustered Daniel got when I caught him talking about a girl. I can just tell its probably me.

“I want details. Who is this girl!?” I ask playing dumb.

“Well. We both know the person. She's got these beautiful blue eyes. And this really awesome hair.” He says. I can tell he is trying not to let it slip that it's me.

“How did the damn Karate bag end up in the front seat!” We hear a voice from outside. Its mom.

“Well that's my cue. See you later Daniel. And Daniel. You ain't that bad either” I say and walk out. I made sure to watch long enough to see his reaction. Its was soo cute. When I walk out I walk to my mom.

“Sorry mom. I was finished and saw a friend in the restaurant. I set my bag in the car and went to talk to him.” I explain.

“Was it Freddy. I don't know why you hang out with him. But anyways. Hop in. I will give you a ride home.” Ma tells me.

“It wasn't Freddy. It's the new people beside us” I say getting in. We drive home in silence.

“Hey ma. I'm going to talk with Mr. Miyagi. I will be up in time for bed.” I tell mom.

“Alright dear. No later than 10.” Ma says grabbing my karate bag and walking away.

“Why can't you stay sober mom. You're so nice when you are. But so mean when you aren't.” I say to myself before going to talk with Mr.Miyagi.

“Miyagi. I like someone and know he likes me back, but he also kind of likes my friend. What do I do?” I ask.

“Wait.” Miyagi says.

“Wait for what?” I ask.

“He ask you,” Miyagi says.

We had begun to trim Bonsai Trees. Then we hear are car pull up and yelling. We instantly shush and listen. I notice it's now dark out.

“I hate this frigging bike! Stupid bike!” I hear Daniel shout then I hear something get thrown into the bin. Did he just throw his bike away?

“Daniel! What's the matter?” I hear Lucille. What's going on?

“Nothing!” Daniel says calmly.

“Why did you just throw your bike away?” Lucille asks him.

“Because I felt like it ma!” He retorts.

“Look at me when I'm talking to you. Oh My God!” I hear Lucille shout. Did something happen…. I may need a chit chat with Johnny..

“Mom” Daniel mumbles.

“Would you tell me what's going on? And don't say it was another bike accident.” I hear Lucille say. I move closer to the door to listen. Mr.Miyagi stays where he is watching me.

“What do you want to hear?” Daniel asks.

“The truth!” Lucille states.

“No. All you want to hear is how great it is out here! Maybe for you but it sucks for me” I hear Daniel say. He's getting louder. He must be walking toward the door. I don't move though. Until I hear him kick the wall beside me. It startles me and I make a small squeak but I don't think he noticed.

Daniel goes on, hitting the wall with each word, “I hate this place I hate it. I want to go home! Why can't we just go back home.”

“Listen to me,” Lucille says calmly.

“What.” Daniel states.

“I cannot help you unless you tell me what's wrong,” She adds.

“I got to take Karate that's it!” He shouts.

“You took Karate,” She comments.

“No N-Not at the Y, At a good school!” He says.

“Fighting doesn't solve anything,” She states. It's true. I take karate for defense. Tournaments are just a fun side.

“Neither does palm trees Ma," Daniel states. Wow. He's just a going.

“That's not fair,” Lucille says softly.

“Oh like it wasn't fair coming out here without asking me how I felt about it right that was real fair,” Daniel snaps back.

“You're right. I should've asked," Lucille adds.

“Ya well I just want to go home..I don't understand the rules here” I hear his voice get fainter.

“Let's see if we can figure out the rules together. Get Scarlet to help.” I hear Lucille say also getting farther away.

“Don’t bring Scarlet into this. I don't want her dragged into this," Daniel says. I smile a bit. He cares...

“Alright. What about your bike?” Lucille asks.

“It’s safer taking the bus. Why can't we just go home and forget this place” I catch barely and the sound of the gate. I open the door as Mr.Miyagi comes up behind me. We peak out and both nod. He turns around to head back in and I go and grab Daniel's bike.

“Will you help me fix his bike?” I ask Miyagi.

“Yes. Bring in” He says and I bring it in. We stay up until 10:30 fixing it. It's still not done whatever happened sure messed it up

“Oh my! Mom wanted me back by 10. Are you okay with finishing this by yourself?” I ask Miyagi. He nods and I kiss him on the cheek.

“Thank you goodnight!” I say and leave. He is like the grandfather I never had. He always watched me when I was little. When I walk in I notice mom is asleep already. I go in quietly and head to my room. I hear Daniel in the room beside mine. Mine was at the wall to his apartment. His must be beside mine. I contemplate knocking and asking if he's okay but I don't. I just go to sleep.