10. The Storm

A/N:

Hello!

This is totally not edited and was written while I had no clients to attend to. So here is an update, I am sorry ahead of time.

Lots of love

- Annelie Leddy

Flint felt the week slipping through his fingers. Every minute was spent with Clara. In bed, in the shower, on the couch, in his office. She was joined at the hip and he was glad for it. Thursday was a different story.

"Ill drive you," he says as Clara puts her golden brown hair in a pony tail.

She stands at the kitchen counter, sporting a pair of shorts and a light blue almost white tshirt. She had been tying her converse laces when Flint asked her where she was going. For a while she tried to hide it, hoping he wouldnt notice. As she finished putting her hair up she was mentally smacking herself. "I cant believe you really thought you could get away with it. He watches you like a hawk!" She thought.

"Josie is driving," she says. "And its an in and out kind of thing. I just need to pay a lab fee."

Flint doesnt want to say it but he knows he has to. If he doesnt he'll hate himself and worry and if he does he'll hate himself and worry her. He crosses his arms over his chest. His muscles ripple in the black tshirt he wears. Slowly as he thought about whether or not to mention it, he stroked his facial hair. When was the last time he shaved? He didnt remember but Clara seemed to like it so ot didnt matter.

"What if that guy is following you?" He says it, unable to contain the worrisome thoughts swirling in his head.

"There are police at the school, I'm sure if anything happens they'll keep me safe," She says shrugging. She looks away from him and looks down, knowing Flints dislike for police officers.

He mutters an "ACAB" under his breath before he really outlines his distrust.

"They'll hand you over to him before protecting you."

Clara's eyes widen not expecting that to come out.

"Okay, fine, but what about when I start school? Come on, Flint, if I am not safe at school how do you expect me to go there every single day? I have this last year and thats it."

"Trust me if I had the power to pull you out I would," he groans.

"Im not even going to get into the legality of that."

They are quiet for a moment. Shaking his head he acknowledges that its possible she is right. He will have to learn to be patient and be worried all day long while she attends her last year.

"Okay. But you have to text me when you get there and when you leave... and when you get home."

She rolls her eyes especially with the last part.

"I'll be fine. We have to go through this now or else... what if you freak out on my first day of the new semester? Are you gonna come down to the school and demand to see me? They'll think you're a creep."

Suddenly his mind was on their age difference. He couldnt help but repeat in his head that she was a legal consenting adult.

"Okay."

He sighs as she does. She walks to him, wraps her arms around him and kisses him.

"Make sure you are careful with your wrap," he says pointing at her hand.