#3- Mollys' Wrath and Acceptance Letters

"WHERE.HAVE.YOU.BEEN!" Seethed a red headed woman, while standing at the bottom of the staircase. I looked around as I saw that Fred, George, and Ron's face all went from proud to terrified in a matter of milliseconds. Before she continued screaming at the boys next to us, she looked over at Harry and me and changed her expression into a warm smile.

She greeted Harry as if she wasn't lecturing the boys not even a minute ago. While she was welcoming my brother I started to zone out, admiring the magic aura that was surrounding me. The delightful smell of cinnamon and what I would believe to be honey intoxicated my senses, instantly relaxing me. I hadn't realized I tuned out their conversation until I heard Harry say my name.

"Aruna this is Mrs. Weasley-" before he could continue the red headed woman tutted. "Nonsense Harry, call me Molly." Harry nodded and adjusted his glasses before continuing to introduce me to Molly. After he was done I stuck out my hand and introduced myself. "Hello Mrs. Weasley. I'm Aruna Potter, Harry's younger sister." She let out a slight gasp while moving away my hand to envelop me in a bone-crushing hug. It felt nice to be hugged by someone other than Harry, the hug was genuine while being warm and welcoming at the same time. Is this what a mothers hug feels like?

When she pulled away she cupped my face while looking down at me. I knew I was short, but I didn't think I was this short. The woman looked a good 5'3", while I was 4'11" and a half. Before my thoughts could drift any longer she spoke up, interrupting the comfortable silence. "Please sweetheart, call me Molly. I'm the boy's mum if you haven't guessed already." I nodded and smiled warmly at her.

She pulled away from my face with a warm smile. However, as soon as she turned back towards the boys her face went back to looking terrifying, and in a matter of seconds she was fuming again. "BEDS EMPTY, NO NOTE, CAR GONE, YOU COULD HAVE DIED. YOU COULD HAVE BEEN SEEN," she then turned to me and Harry once more with a warm smile. "Of course I don't blame you two dearies." We gave her a sheepish smile, when Ron spoke up with a mouth full of half a muffin. "They were starving them mum... there were bars on their window."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the twins turn to each other then back at their mother nodding. Her facial expression softened a little after hearing that, but still kept a stern voice while pointing at him, "You best hope i don't put bars on your window Ronald Weasley." She put down her hand and put on yet again another warm hearted smile, "C'mon now kids, time for a spot of breakfast." She then left to go set up the table in the dining room.

As we all sat down, I heard fast footsteps running down the stairs. A small ginger girl emerged from behind the corner in a light blue robe with purple flowers that decorated the fabric. "Mom, have you seen my jumper?" While Molly was answering her question, she turned to look at me and Harry with widened eyes. "Hello there, I'm Aruna." I gave her a small smile as she met my gaze.

"Hello." Harry exhaled awkwardly. I mentally facepalmed at how easily embarrassed he gets. Instead of answering us back, the small girl quickly ran up the steps with red tinted cheeks. George and Fred started giggling at the girl while Harry looked perplexed at her reaction. "What did I do?"

"She probably saw one look at your face and thought you were a troll. Poor girl's terrified now thanks to you Harry." This made the boys laugh even harder, all except Harry. He slapped my arm lightly making me giggle at my own remark. After Ron calmed down, he explained something to Harry about why that girl ran away.

I chose not to listen and instead eat my food. However, seeing that what Ron and the twins said made Harry's face have a pink hue, I was suddenly curious myself. My thoughts were interrupted when a sudden crack sound came from outside, followed by footsteps. Yet another ginger popped out from behind the door, this one looking more older than the other boys.

"Morning Weasley's!" The room replied with different mumbles of "morning dad". After he sat down, another person came down the stairs who I've learned was Percy, the third oldest brother. "Wow, how did your mum take care of so many boys? I can hardly manage with Harry here, let alone Dudley." Harry rolled his eyes at me and laughed.

"Well, when you're determined enough it comes naturally dear." I smiled sweetly at the mother who was making tea by the stove. A loud screech was heard from out the kitchen window, a small owl flying towards the house. "Looks like Errol is here with the post." The grey and white speckled owl flew into the closed side of the window, falling slowly onto the ground.

Percy went to go see if he was ok, and walked back towards us with some letters. "Aruna, your letter is here too." This made me turn my head faster than Harry can run from Dudley. "My letter?" He nodded and handed me a yellowish colored letter that was sure enough, addressed to me.

Aruna Potter

August 28th, 1992

The Burrow Residence

I looked down at the writing in amazement, my senses tuning out the conversation that was currently happening in front of me. On the top right corner of the envelope there was a crest with an H in the middle. The crest was split into fours and each section had a different name and animal. Harry had explained to me what they all meant, and what each house portrays personality wise. "Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw." I mumbled slowly, tracing my fingers over the top of the stamp.

When I looked back up everyone's eyes were on me. My cheeks turned a light pink as I smiled sheepishly at them. Harry nudged me, catching my attention, "Go on." He tilted his head towards the letter, motioning me to open it. The smile on my face never faltered as I opened the envelope to reveal an acceptance letter stating how they hope to see me this year at Hogwarts, and a list of everything I'll need for my second year.

"Is this really happening?" My voice was shaky from excitement. I looked up at Harry again as he nodded and smiled at my reaction towards the letter in front of me. In the corner of my eye, I saw Fred and George smiling in my direction. My mind started wandering, and I found myself glancing at them during the rest of breakfast. I quickly shook my head of any thoughts and decided to distract myself with what Harry and Ron were doing.

And this is the new and improved third chapter. I really like this one better than how it was last time. Again don't forget to vote and comment what you think. Stay MAGICAL babes 🖤♔