#6- Stupid Doors

I woke up pretty early due to me taking a nap prior to going to bed. When I awoke I went downstairs to get a drink of water. I found that walking on the sides of the walls made less noise from sneaking a snack upstairs without getting caught. So, stepping lightly against the side of the wall and stairs, I made my way to the bottom floor.

When I got down I realized Rider was sleeping outside on the grass field. He seemed relaxed and calm so I let him sleep for now. After getting my glass of water I checked the clock to see it read 6:30. I decided to make breakfast since I didn't have anything to do and I would've never gone back to sleep.

I grabbed the radio from the living room and set it on the counter in the corner. I shuffled through the cassettes once more and found the perfect song. I placed the tape inside and pressed the play button in the top row.

Line Without A Hook By Rick Montgomery (You can play it for the rest of the chapter if you want)

As the music played I went into the cabinet and grabbed a mixing bowl and measuring cups, along with flour, eggs, butter, sugar, and baking powder. I started to mix together the ingredients for pancakes and got a pan from the shelf above the stove. "Do you like it when I'm away?"

I gracefully danced around while holding the bowl and whisk in my hands. "Would you love me the same?" I poured the batter into a squeeze bottle and turned on the fire to the stove. Squeezing the batter into the pan, I continued to sing while waiting for it to cook. "It's a curse, and it's growing."

"You're a pond and I'm an ocean," I continued to make the pancakes until there wasn't any more batter to pinch out. I put them all onto a plate from the sink and turned around to set them in the dining room. However, when I turned around there was an amused Harry, Fred, and George while Ron was half asleep leaning on the doorway. I jumped slightly and almost dropped the plate of food in my hands.

"Enjoying yourself?" George raised an eyebrow at me. The music continued to play in the background. "I was until you guys scared me." I rolled my eyes and made my way to the dining room. "Could one of you grab the butter and syrup please?" The twins nodded and reached into a cabinet whilst Harry followed me into the dinning room to help me set up.

"You didn't have to make breakfast y'know." He laughed lightly at my gesture. "It's the least I could do. Plus, I couldn't go back to sleep." He nodded and went back into the kitchen to go wake up Ron nonetheless. As he left, George and Fred walked through the door with the butter, syrup, and utensils and set them down.

"You guys go ahead and eat, make sure Harry and Ron come back to eat as well. I'm gonna go wake up Ginny." As I was about to walk out, I felt a hand grab my arm. "Wait!" I turned around and was met with the twins both looking at me. "Yes?"

They stayed silent for a moment before Fred spoke. "Uhm... thank you. For the food of course." I smiled at them and replied with, "No problem!" He let go of my arm and I walked out and up the stairs.

~Third Person P.O.V.~

As Aruna walked away Fred and George stared at her, mesmerized as they were multiple times by the same girl. The same thing running through both of their minds as they said the same words unintentionally. "I need her..."

--

After washing all of the dishes, everyone went their separate ways to get ready for Diagon Alley. I went up with Ginny into her room and went into my trunk to get some clothes, and my toothbrush. "I'm gonna take a shower. If you want there's a bathroom down the hall and you can get ready in there." I replied with a hum as she disappeared behind the bathroom door.

I walked out of the room with my necessities in hand, and started to look for the bathroom. It was quite a challenge since there were multiple doors in the hall. After finally finding the right room I stepped inside and turned on the shower.

No lock the hell? I shrugged it off and hoped for the best. As I undressed the sound of the water hitting the ground overpowered the room, making me unknown to the door knob being turned. When I turned around to set my clothes on the ground, Ron was standing at the door with a petrified look on his face.

I screamed and held my towel against my body. "Ronald!" He finally came back to his senses and realized what was happening. His face turned bright red, almost the same color as his hair. "S-Sorry!"

He still stood at the door, blushing. "Get out!" I'm guessing that all the yelling caused a commotion because soon enough Harry and the twins were in the hallway watching everything unfold. "Ron what are you doing!" Harry ran up to Ron and pulled him away from the door.

My face was definitely red no doubt. After Harry got Ron to go into the room he came by the door and peeked inside with his hand covering his eyes. "Sorry about that. He freezes up a lot.." I laughed awkwardly at his remark. "Yes I can tell..."

"I'll let you shower now, again sorry." And with that, he left. Leaving me standing in the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body awkwardly and my face the same color as the signature Weasley hair.

--

After my shower I changed into some loose fitted jeans, and an oversized shirt with an Arctic Monkeys logo on it. I tucked my shirt into my jeans and cuffed the bottom of them. Happy with how I look, I brushed my teeth and grabbed my stuff so I could put it back into my trunk. When I entered the room Ginny wasn't there so I just put my stuff away and made my way to Ron and Harry's shared room.

I knocked twice before hearing "come in" from the other side. I opened the door and saw Harry putting his stuff away, and Ron sitting on his bed. When Ron saw me he blushed once more and refused to meet my eyes. "Something you need?" I turned towards Harry who was now sitting on the other bed in the room.

"Yea ehm, could you do my hair?" He nodded and patted the spot in front of him. I walked over and sat criss-cross, facing my back towards his so he could dry and style my hair. Harry always liked doing my hair. It was something he did when we would go to school or go out. Our aunt never wanted to do it so Harry took it upon himself to learn.

He used his wand to cast a drying charm and then started brushing through it. I sat there and adjusted the cuffs of my pants to match. He finished rather quickly so I thanked him and looked into a mirror. My hair was down and put into a bandana that was tied underneath so the knot wouldn't be seen. I made my way downstairs, with Ron and Harry, where everyone else was waiting for us.

Mrs. Weasley quickly explained how floo powder works and sent us off, in this pattern. Ron went first, then Harry, who I don't think did it correctly, then me, then the twins, and Ginny and Molly went together, and lastly Arthur.

"You sure you got it dear?" Mrs Weasley asked me as I stepped into the unlit fireplace. "Yes." She nodded as I grabbed some of the green powder that was powered into a pot. I raised my hands and clearly said "Diagon Alley'' right before I threw the powder down. Soon enough, I was engulfed into a green flame that surprisingly didn't burn me. 'God I love magic' is what I thought right before my vision went green.