"I can start there" Part 1

Izuku was walking home as those words replayed in his head over and over. "...take a swan dive off the roof of the building" Izuku couldn't even cry anymore he was just in shock.

'Why would he say that? what if I did take a swan dive off the roof then what? would he even care...'

He kept walking lost in his thoughts until he suddenly felt a presence behind him. before he could even react he was being suffocated by a weird slime creature.

"thanks kid you're my hero" the slime says. Its like the universe is trying to mock him at this point.

He was suffocating and could hardly think and he was sure he was about to die when he heard a voice.

"Have no fear you are safe... now that I'm here that is" He stopped choking and fell to the ground, when he look up he sa-

"A-ALL MIGHT!" Izuku quickly stood up.

"Sorry for getting you caught up in my villain fighting, but you were a big help. Thanks!"

All might started to fly off but before Izuku knew what he was doing he grabbed onto All Might's leg.

"hey- hey- hey- Kid! Let go!" All might yelled.

"I-If I let go I'll Fall!" Izuku said trying to be heard over the rushing wind.

"Good point." All Might flew up until he reached the roof top of some random building.

When Izuku got off All might was about to leave when Izuku Asked, "W-wait! Do you think a quirkless p-person could become a hero?"

All Might thought for a while before saying, "No. I don't. Heroics are too dangerous for people without quirks, but there are other ways to help like being a police officer or doctor. Just try to keep your dreams realistic kid." He said walking down from the building leaving Izuku, on a rooftop, alone, with his self deprecating thoughts.

It was like the world was just testing him saying 'Do it.' 'here's your chance' Izuku looked over to the rooftop and was seriously considering it.

He stood there. The number 1 Hero, The symbol of peace, Izuku's idol, basically just gave him a reality check and crushed all his dreams.

Izuku walked towards the edge. Then he noticed something happening from a far. It looked like a villain attack. The same villain that attacked him and now the villain was attacking...

Izuku squinted hard until his eyes widened in realization. He sprinted down the flight of steps and running towards the scene not caring about many things right now.

Sure Kacchan just told him to kill himself and basically made his life a living hell but he didn't care. The teachers were right, Kacchan had a lot of potential in him. If Midoriya couldn't become a hero then he'll at least try to save the future hero.

He ran into the slime looking around trying to see what action would fit best considering it was literally just all slime.

He thought about letting the pro heros help kacchan but when he realized they weren't helping at all he felt a slight twinge of anger and disappointment he wanted t-

'The eyes! The eyes aren't made of slime if I hit them it could give a chance for kacchan to breathe!' Izuku thought.

without a moment of hesitation he threw his backpack at the Villain's eyes and it worked. The villain faltered and let go of Bakugou even if it was just for a moment.

Then All Might finally showed up and finished off the villain.

a little while after Kacchan yelled at Izuku and some pro heroes scolding him for 'being reckless' a realization hit him.

'If I didn't hit the Villain... Kacchan would of died... and it would be the heroes fault.' Izuku started to get angry at the thought of the pro "heroes" not being able to save kacchan if he wasn't there.

"If you're done scolding me for doing your job for you when you obviously had no intention of doing it then I'm going to be on my way now." Izuku said cutting off their rant.

The heroes looked shocked and before they could get another word in Izuku bolted out of there, running as fast as he could not feeling like dealing with anything else.

When he opened the door he was immediately tackled by his mom. "Izuku! My poor baby, I heard there was a villain attack are you okay? Are you hurt at all?"

"I'm fine mom." Izuku forced a smile, "I'm just a bit stressed."

Inko didn't look convinced but didn't press. "How about I make you some Katsudon? And we can just settle down a bit."

Midoriya let out a small genuine smile before saying, "Yeah, I think I would like that."

After finishing his food he took a breathe and decided to ask his mom a question he's been wanting to ask all week.

"Hey mom?" His mother looked over from washing the dishes "Is there something you need?" "Uh, yeah actually I wanted to try out a sport maybe?"

Inko put down the dishes and walked of to Izuku while smiling, "Of course sweetie! What kind?" "I was think about parkour and maybe a self defense class?" Izuku hesitantly said, afraid of what his mom might think about it.

He was about to start frantically making up an excuse on why but his mom beat him to it. "Izuku, you don't have to explain. If you want to go you want to go and I'll be here to support you." Inko smiled reassuringly. "Now, you should get to bed so we can find some parkour classes tomorrow and figure out the self defense stuff."

"O-okay mom, I love you! good night!" Izuku yelled as he ran to his room excited that she actually agreed considering he was expecting her to be disappointed he still showed signs of wanting to be hero.

But now he didn't want to be a hero necessarily, he just wanted to help people. 'I wonder if there's a word for that?' Izuku said pulling out his laptop.

He started searching up "Illegal heroes" not really knowing what to put in the search bar. He kept scrolling past all the links talking about heroes who have done illegal stuff and stopped at a word called "vigilantism".

He clicked on the link and it explained it was a hero without a license, illegally using their quirk to help people.

'Huh. Well technically I wouldn't be breaking the law considering i don't have a quirk' 'buuuut, you would probably be charged for assault' A strange random voice said. 'Not if they attacked me first, then it'll be seen as self defense AND I'll be saving someone.' The other voice seemed satisfied with that answer as it became quiet.

Now Izuku knew what direction he wanted to go to, now the hard part. How the hell is he going to be strong enough to beat villains with quirks while he's quirkless.

He didn't have an answer for that and just prayed that after a couple of months of parkour and self defense class will do. He knew it wouldn't, but right now he should probably go to bed considering 2:34 Am was flashing in red on his digital clock.

Izuku sighed as he got in bed. '... I heard there was a beach... thats very... dirty... maybe I can start ther.....' And with that thought Izuku drifted into sleep.