Izuku VS Todoroki (the spin off)

THIS IS NOT A PART OF THE SERIES just a little fun thing i wanted to do

Izuku stepped out onto the field, covering his eyes from the blazing sun. It was him against Todoroki now. The crowd wasn't exactly rooting for Izuku but Izuku knew what he had to do.

Izuku and Todoroki got in a fighting stance when they both reached where they needed to stand in the field. Izuku felt his heart racing as the crowd went wild. Who knew Todoroki had so many fan girls? Todoroki and Izuku bothed tensed as the heard Present Mic's voice.

"The round begins... NOW!" Izuku rushed forward at these words and so did daddy issues. Todoroki shot an Ice wall from the ground. Izuku used part of the ice as a boost and hoisted himself up and over the ice. Once he got close to Todoroki he tripped him and hit his pressure points, forcing him to sit down. Izuku also sat down.

Todoroki looked at him in confusion as he pulled out a tea boiler. "Want some?" The viridian boy asked. "Wha.... um, no?" Shouto shook his head. Izuku cleared his throat and began, "So about your... dad," "Absolutely not." Shouto deadpanned as he struggled to get up. Izuku swung a leg over him and kept him down, smiling, "Nuh-uh-uh. You need to hear me out first," Todoroki rolled his eyes and relaxed.

"What?" Shouto asked, waringly, "Look bro, I gotta admit. Your old man is like having to take the shittiest tasting medicine. You might need it but boy is it a pain in the ass. Arse if you're british," Shouto didn't know whether to laugh or cry or maybe even cry laughing, "W-What?" He slightly smiled. Izuku smiled back brightly at him.

"My dad wasn't exactly present in my life after he found out my quirk. Or lack of quirk. So I don't exactly have a lot of sympathy for dads, especially asshole dads. And from what I heard... Your dad isn't exactly as an amazing dad as much as he is an amazing 'number 2 hero'," Shouto was quiet for a while, not sure how to react.

"What are those problem children doing down there?" Aizawa asked, eyeing the two children sitting on the floor talking to each other. Even the crowd was confused, eventually someone got so mad they started yelling profanities. Aizawa saw Yamada about to do something about it before he heard the quirkless kid scream, "SHUT UP!" The crowd listened.

Aizawa turned to Yamada, "...Can you read lips?" "Shouta, honey, I don't think anyone can from this high up." Yamada replied as Aizawa grumbled, really wanting to know what they were saying, 'What if they're talking about my yellow sleeping bag and how weird it is...' Aizawa thought.

Shouta finally looked up at Izuku after a minute of thinking, " My father... I don't consider him one at all. When I was little he was always so caught up on training me because I had the 'perfect' quirk. He never was really a father to me, he was always more of a trainer. My mother she was a sweet woman but she hated my fire side, So much so that she poured boiling water on it. It would have been fine since that side can handle heat but then she used her quirk on it.

THAT'S what caused my scar. I don't think she meant it out of hate though, or at least that's what I choose to believe. I think she got scared when she poured the water and panicked, using her quirk on it to try to get it to cool down. No matter how many apologies from her or begging from me, my dad hated her for hurting his 'victory child' and sent her to the hospital. I've always hated him for that,"

Izuku let Todoroki sit in silence for a moment, to let all that information he let out fully sink in. Izuku motioned at the tea, once again, asking Todoroki if he wanted any. Todoroki nodded this time and accepted the tea.

"That obviously didn't make you feel okay so i'm gonna skip that question. Do you think you hate your father for forcing you to train and be the future number 1 hero or is it more of what he's done to your mother." Izuku finally asked.

Todoroki thought for a moment before speaking, "If i'm being fully honest? I wouldn't have cared about any training programs he put me in. I wouldn't have cared that he only wanted me because of my quirk. I really wouldn't have cared about our relationship if he just didn't do what he did to my mom." Izuku nodded, "You know... If your mom heard what you just said, what would you think she would say?" Todoroki looked surprised for a moment before slightly smiling, "Probably something about how I shouldn't say that about myself. I'm guessing that's what you're trying to tell me right now?"

Izuku's smile went brighter, "How observant! Now, the real question. What do you plan to do?" Todoroki made a confused noise, "What will you do in the future? Will you quote unquote 'prove to your dad that you don't need his quirk by becoming the number one hero with only your ice'?"Izuku asked.

"Well, yeah? That would be the best way to show that he shouldn't have forced me to train just because of my quirk and someone like Fuyumi could've became a number 1 hero if she wanted to." Todoroki said confidently, "But wouldn't you be playing right into his hands? I'm gonna be honest with you right now Todoroki. Your father might act like he's really stressed about you not using your fire side but that's only because he'll think this will hinder you from achieving his dream of you being number 1. If you were to become number 1 even without using your fire quirk then he would still be happy.

He doesn't exactly care if you use your fire side or not. He just wants you to be number 1. He wants you to be what he couldn't be. Now, I'm not saying to drop out of the hero course to 'prove a point'. If you, Todoroki Shouto, want to become a hero and save lives then you should! But, you have to realize this is a serious profession. If you're going to not use your quirk just because you're mad at your father and potentially risk failing to protect a civilian then I suggest you just quit now. Even if you were to use your fire quirk out on the field when you really needed to there is still a high chance that you will hurt someone because you're untrained."

Izuku looked at him in eyes, "You need to realize that this is YOUR quirk, not his. You don't have a fire quirk AND an ice quirk. You have a fire, ice quirk. HIS quirk is hell fire. YOUR quirk is fire and ice."

"... I guess you're right. But wh-" Todoroki started before getting cut off by Izuku, "No 'but's. If you're afraid of 'falling into his plan' then stop thinking about being a hero as a leaderboard. Don't think of numbers. Think about saving people, Todoroki. You do want to save people, correct?"

Todoroki nodded keeping silent, wanting to hear what Izuku has to say, "Then you need to use all the resources you have to save people. You see? I don't have a quirk. I have to work twice as hard to make sure I'm able to save people. Sure! Sometimes I fight dirty or 'cheat' but I do whatever it takes to keep people safe. I'm not gonna sit here and watch you have this amazing privilege that gives you the higher ground when you're not even going to use it. Todoroki, I'll ask you one final time. Who's quirk is it?"

Todoroki was almost speechless, "...Mine," Izuku urged him to continue his sentence, "Not my dads."

Izuku put away his tea set and stood up. He extended out a helping hand, similar to when he and Kacchan were toddlers at the river, "Then stand up and fight me with your full potential. Show everyone what you are able to do when a citizen is in need of saving from a villain." Todoroki smiled, fully smiled, for the first time that day. He accepted Izuku's hand and his shoulder lit on fire.

The real fight begins now.

I got this amazing idea from when I was reading the comments, so thank you to the person that recommended this!

(I didn't know if you wanted your username to be mentioned or not. If you do then just say so and i'll fix this thank you note!!!)