Part 2: Sold

My life was always awful. My parents never cared for me. I was the oldest of three siblings. There was me and there were my little sisters. The twins.
The twins were always number one in our family.

The first five years of my life, I was the princess of the family. But then they came, and everything changed.

Because my Rom was the biggest, they got it. I got a smaller room. Much smaller. There was only space for a bed, a small table and a closet. It had one small window that was broken most of the time.
I somehow managed to repair it when I was sixteen.

This room was dark. The light came from an old light that hasn't had much power.
But I managed to change that too.

Over the years my mom seemed to forget that I was her daughter too. And after my dad didn't get home one evening, she had to take care of everything herself.

Of course, she wasn't able to do it and found another man very fast.

I didn't know what happened to my father. I only knew that he was gone now. Mom never told me what happened. The twins didn't know either.

The new man had much money. He and my mother had a big wedding. Like a wedding of a princess. Mom wore a big white dress, and he had a tuxedo. The church was the biggest in the country and there were many people attending.
Most of them were the new man's business partners.

My mom's new husband owned a company. He was very rich and because of his money we moved into a bigger house when I was seventeen.

It was big enough, so I finally got a normal room. The room was comfortable enough for me, so I could stay in there the whole day.

The twins were of course treated like princesses. They had separate bedrooms, separate walk-in closets and a big room for them to play.

Well... the only thing this mansion didn't have were maids. So... I got a new Job.
Now I always heard "Brook. We are hungry" or "Brook, why is there a mess in our playroom?"

I was now responsible for everything. I had to clean the house, I had to make the garden look beautiful, I had to cook, and I had to shop the groceries.

Shopping the groceries for five people wasn't easy. I luckily was allowed to use the man's car but there were strict rules.
One of them was that I had to buy only the things on the list my mother gave me.
I wasn't allowed to buy something for myself.

My live in this family was without any rights. For them, especially for the man, I was something like a maid.

There life was perfect. My live was hell. The only escape I had was Highschool. But when I finished Highschool I weren't able to go to college. They didn't want to pay the bills and I had to stay at home.

Like I said, their life was perfect.

But soon everything changed. The company of the man got bankrupt and the man lost his job.
They spent so much money before and now everything that remained were depts.

They made me find work too. I didn't even get enough sleep. All the money I made got taken away by them.

Everything went worse for me. They always had fights and I had to work my ass off. Until...

One day there was a knock on our door. It was my twenty first birthday, but who cared?
"Brook!", my mother screamed "Go and open the door!"
I obeyed and went to the door.
Opening it I saw a tall handsome man standing there. I knew that it was rude to stare but I couldn't help.

His black hair reached almost to his eyes. His dark brown eyes were looking amused at me. And his soft looking, pink lips were curled up into a smile. He was pale and I could see that he was very well build through his tight, black t-shirt that he had put into his black pants. He seemed rich, even though his look was so casual.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your staring but can I come in?", he asked snapping me out of my trance.
"S- sure", I stuttered, embarrassed at my behavior and let him in.

My mother walked down the stairs and greeted him.
"Good Morning", she said "how can I help you?"
"Good Morning", he replied back and smiled "my name is Mason Young."
His name seemed so familiar to me but how could I know him?
My mother's husband came to the living room too and he seemed shocked to see Mr. Young there.

"Can I help you?", he asked.
"No", Mr. Young chuckled "but I can help you!"
My "parents" had a questioning look on their faces.
"I know that your company went bankrupt and that it's hard for you to even pay for food. I can help you!", Mr. Young continued.

My mother told him to take a seat on the couch and even offered him something to drink. Mr. Young just smirked and denied. They were so nice to him but didn't even know what he wanted.

"So", my "father" started "what is you offer?"
"Well...", Mr. Young chuckled "I moved into a new house and need more maids... now I'm searching for some that want to make the job."
I got scared. Did he want to buy me? Or the twins?

"What?", my mother asked "do you think I will give you my lovely daughters for money just so they can be maids?"
She didn't talk about me. I'm already a maid... and her lovely daughters? Not me!
"I will never sell my daughters", she almost yelled.
"Don't worry", Mr. Young reassured her "I don't want the twins. They are too young. I'm interested in Brook."

Why did he know my name? I was shocked.

Then my father spoke up.
"I don't know what kind of perverted you are bu- "
"Three Million", Mr. Young interrupted him.
"What?"
"I will give you three million if I can take Brook with me. If it's not enough I will give you more."

He wanted to pay three million? For me?

"Well...", my mother smirked "she needs to find a good job anyway. I think three million are enough."
What? Did she just...? Oh my god.

"Mom", I said slowly, sadness was heard in my tone. 

"Brook", Mr. Young interfered "go and pack your things. I will take you with me today. Let me just make some things clear with your parents"

I obeyed, not knowing what to say anymore. My mother just sold me to a man I didn't even knew.

Even though they treated me like shit the past years, I was sad. She was my mother. Why did she do this?

When I came down the stairs, the big bag with all my things in my hand, I saw that Mr. Young was already waiting for me.

I was about to go to him, but my mother approached me.
"I'm sorry", she whispered and then she hugged me.
I didn't know why she did that, but she really seemed to regret some things.
Maybe it was because of the things Mr. Young had told them.

Then I made my way out with Mr. Young by my side. He made me sit on the passenger seat of his car and he put my bag in the trunk.

The ride was silent. He didn't speak up and I was still scared. But I had so many questions...

"Mr. Young?", I asked.
"Master!", he sternly said.
"What?"
"It's Master Young. You are my new maid. Get used to it."
His vice was cold there was no emotion in it.

From now on I tried to keep quiet. I avoided him as much as possible to not cause any trouble.

One week after I arrived at his mansion, I got to know his secret. He was a vampire and I saw how he drank a maid's blood. He didn't kill her but his red eyes, the fangs and the blood on his mouth scared me.

I got to know Marie and we became friends. She reassured me that Master Young wasn't that bad, and she took away my fear.
I had to get used to it anyways.
I was now a vampire's maid.

Now I was sitting in his office not knowing what to say.

"How could you know what my life was like", I asked some minutes later.
He sighed.
"I observed you", he flatly replied.
"So, you re a stalker?", I asked, and he chuckled. He only shook his head in response.
"I had the right to do so", he stated.
The right to do so? What? He had the right to observe me?
He sighed again.
"You really don't remember me?", he asked.
WHAT?